Whats the best diapers for bed wetting in uk

Archives1

Staff member
Hi there I am after advice can anyone recommend a good diaper/nappy for over night use iam in the UK and I'am a heavy bed wetter

My favorite was Abena Abri-form Level 4, which is made in Denmark. Now I've tried Betterdry, which is made in Germany. Both are very good. My opinion of the Betterdry, both Days (M7) and the overnight (M10), is they're very impressive.
The plastic backsheet on the Betterdry is sort of stretchy, but no matter how snugly I've taped them on, I've never had a tape failure or a plastic tear. They've also never leaked in the 3 months I've been wearing them, day and night.
For what they are, I don't think either is really that pricey. I'm sure since both are European, they would be available in the UK.
Here in the US, the regular (M10) Betterdry is about $1.63/diaper. Not sure how that converts to your money though.

The NHS prescribe Tena Proskin Comfort Plus which you wear in Tena surround pants. The surround pants have a size, the Comfort Plus seem to be one size. The surround pants get more comfortable after you have used them once or twice as they stretch. If you can get to see an NHS incontinence nurse you should be able to get these without paying. These are for fairly heavy incontinence. If you are paying try the Incontinence Shop.

I repeat it often. Daytimes are fine for better dry, Abena, or many quality disposables. I wet usually more than once a night and thick prefold cloth with well fitting plastic pants gives me the best chance to wake up with dry sheets.

ASKING Whats the best diapers is a very difficult question to answer becaue you might get many different answers as everybody has there own preferences

I'll echo @DPCARE's comments. All brands fit different people differently and so it's best to try a few brands and see what works best. As a rule of thumb though I'd go large capacity and plastic backed. I've also found that putting a booster in stops leaks. @laalaauk has mentioned Nappies R Us, whilst they cater to, how show we say, a somewhat different market, they do stock the high quality ones you find in the States. I've found the InControl ones the best as they have refastenable tabs. Tykables do a camo print one which is fairly innocuous. BetterDry is the best bang for your back I feel but I really don't get on with the fit. Ultimately, I'd send off for some samples and see what works best. NRU's stock can be really erratic though and tend to run out of plain products quickly which is a pain.

I'll also echo @Aginghippy and suggest you try the NHS Continence Service. It can be pot luck which products your area stock. I think Tena are the best of the non-premium brands in terms of quality and I know some areas stock them (sadly mine doesn't). If you're able to get decent products on the NHS, you could buy some boosters to up the capacity and it'd still be a lot cheaper.

I’ve read over the years that Tenas in the UK work well, though they’re the worst diaper in the U.S., and actually made by a different company.

Hi Joanne, I am also in the UK and I have tried many different pull ups for night use
I am also a heavy bed wetter so needed to find something that was extra absorbent!
So far I think Abri Flex premium M3 are my favourite, they are a maxi absorbent pull disposable pant you can wear at night

Hope this helps