what test will they do on me at the hospital.

Archives1

Staff member
i went to see my doctor the other day about my bed wetting he is sending me to see a consultant urologist @ the hospital what test will they do .

They will do a urinalysis first. Then they might do a cystoscopy. Probably not in same visit though.
If you get through those and they still can't determine cause, then they will probably do a Urodynamic study. I had every test my neurologist could think of and he determined I have a neurogenic bladder. Therefore, he referred me to a neurologist and it has been determined that I have leaking cartilage in one of my lumbar discs in my spine that may be attributing to my urinary incontinence. I have been in diapers 24/7 for over a year now and still no solution. Could be in diapers the rest of my life. Sorry for my soapbox and not trying to scare anyone but stating what has happened to me and just making everyone of the testing you may encounter. Good luck and I hope your problem is more solvable and manageable than mine has been so far.

Yes agree with others here, but do feel he will start a history on you and possible check you for a UTI. I do feel before a cystoscopy you will have a special appointment where they will give you a heads up. But depends on Dr. too. Just relax and bring some notes with you about your history. Like after you use the bathroom, do you feel like you didn't empty? Do you have urge incontinence. Keep track of anything that might help them, help you

Joan, from my experience at least the initial tests doctors do are not invasive.
The more posts you read on the forum here the more you realize doctors dont seem to have a clear idea of why many people are bed wetters who didnt have a bad accident or an illness. The good news is things like physical therapy can help. The bad news is some of us just have a weak bladder at night and no one knows why.

just got back from the hospital today they did a test on my urine and asked me a few things they dont relly know why i bed wet put for now they have put me lmipramine medication to try

They may never find a cause, even if they manage to help you or it may take a while for them to figure it out. If you're lucky they'll be able to help you right away.

hello all a bit of a update on my bed wetting i,am still wetting my bed each night tablets the hospital put me on are not helping at all iam waiting for a letter from them to go back and see them the big news i have is i,ve now got a boyfriend and he,s careing and understanding about my wetting all the best kind regards Joanne xx

I was wondering how you were managing Joanne and this is a wonderful thing, because the most real part of a relationship is being vulnerable and bedwetting doesnt allow us to be otherwise.
Good for you to explore better options for your health.
Cheers!

Well said May.
It makes us all happy when you are comfortable and happy. Bedwetting is not easy, but with care and understanding it will help so much.

my boyfriend lee is so careing he even dont mind helping doing all the washing and drying of all the bed sheets he even cooks and cleans the flat for me :)

He sounds like a very good boyfriend.
I always say the secret to a happy relationship is that BOTH of you want to make each day a commitment to making the other persons day better.