What More Would You Like To See From NAFC?

Sarasotalady said:
Hi. I just joined the forum and have OAB. Totally dependent on pullups.

I would like to see NAFC advocate on for financial help for those suffering with incontinence>
To obtain inancial assistance to defray the cost of incontinence pullups and related supplies where medically required.Or to
To allow Health Savings Accounts to pay for pullups and supplies with tax free income even if you have Medicare. Currently if you have Medicare you can't have an HSA, even tho Medicare doesn't cover such supplies.
The cost of urinary pullups is prohibitive-- I spend at least $200/month for mediocre Depends overnight. Better quality pullups are twice the cost.
Thanks for listening

I would contact your local urologist and see if he/she can write a prescription for better protection. Maybe that can get you better quality products for a better price.

I'm not sure how HSA work- as I've always paid out of pocket for overnight protection. I've found Tranqulity products are better than Depend products and are around the same price if not more affordable at a medical supply store.

Nice to meet you @sarasotalady; welcome to the NAFC.

Kind Regards,
Honeeecombs

Something that was previously mentioned in this thread is sub forums. It would be nice to have topics grouped by common themes. This site is really a “line of sight” massive thread necessitating the search feature to navigate. I believe that this site would be much more functional with silos for commonly posted topics.

Just my couple pennies.

@HONEECOMBS

Not sure how to respond to specific threads.

Traditional Medicare in the US doesn't reimburse for any incont.supplies regardless of what doctors specify. A medicare advantage care plan might, but not many doctors in my area accept advantage plans.

I'll check out Tranquity pullups from med supply. Thanks for the tip.
fo

Hi, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here. What I always look forward to reading about is real, insightful product reviews. Maybe having a section specifically for incontinence product reviews. Sometimes members post a review of a new product that’s embedded in thread that I don’t read because of the title. Most times I just google the product to look for reviews. Medical suppliers and Companies and can also use this section to offer our members samples or coupons as well.

snow said:
@Daveed Use the magnifier glass button which will you let you search your chosen topics.

'Search' is very useful yet frequently overlooked feature of this group, indeed!

@snow Glad to meet you.
Unfortunately, current rules are that I can't have HSA if I have traditional Medicare( which I do.) I'll try to find better quality pullups at similar price to Depends to reduce cost a bit .

Sarasotalady
At least for night try a pampers baby diaper cut off plastic backing inside a depends r cheaper diaper. Baby diapers are super absorbent and fill the crotch cervices.
Original thread by Justaguy has a breakdown on cost he orders from Amazon cheap pull up and Pampers brand size 2

Going back to the original topic of this thread: I would suggest more active moderation. It is too easy for a thread to migrate away from the topic.

I like the idea of grouping posts into sections or subforums However, care should be taken to not let proliferate into a mass of subforums.

When I was first diagnosed with prostrate cancer I found a forum devoted to that subject. There was a section that contained a great deal of very specific information on prostrate cancer. It included an excellent section that defined many of the medical terms. There were also several threads that outlined the various treatments and contained links to more specific information. This section was obviously moderated by one or more people with proper medical credentials. The site has since been folded into a larger forum and lost much of the really valuable information. Adding at least a good "dictionary" of associated medical terms and perhaps a list of drugs, devices and related products would give new people a place to start.

Maymay941 said:
Sarasotalady
At least for night try a pampers baby diaper cut off plastic backing inside a depends r cheaper diaper. Baby diapers are super absorbent and fill the crotch cervices.
Original thread by Justaguy has a breakdown on cost he orders from Amazon cheap pull up and Pampers brand size 2

Thanks for the tip. I use booster pad inside a Depends at night. Doesnt work well during the day when I sit down.

I would like to see more on how absorbent/protective underwear can be helpful for neurodivergent people like me as an autistic individual.

Also managing disclosure of disabilities like Autism and Incontinence at a job and requesting accomodations for additional breaks, Incontinence supplies, or a restroom to change and dispose of products when needed.