What More Would You Like To See From NAFC?

Archives1

Staff member
Good morning!

As the owners of this message board, and this site, we have made a commitment to providing education, support, and community to those living with incontinence. We are constantly trying to improve and would like to open up a discussion around what you might find useful, or would like to see from us. Are there any topics on our site that you wish we talked about more? Any guides that would be helpful to you? Any types of features on the site or message boards that you feel would make your experience here better? We're making improvements and would love to know your thoughts.

Please let us know in this thread what you'd like to see from NAFC!

Thanks!
The NAFC team

Don’t know if there’s a manner of tabulating/correlating reported issues/disabilities with gender,age,preexisting conditions, etc., almost like check of boxes that would automatically total categories?

Here are my thoughts:
1. Links to other related forums i.e.: prostate cancer treatment, diet, exercise.
2. Agree with stuart re: options to control OAB.

I would like it if you would make it very clear to new members in their introductory email that they should search past topics. The search icon should be much larger and more prominent.

I would like to see urinary incontinence separated, for the most part, from fecal incontinence. I know there is some crossover, particularly when it comes to topics of products.

Some suggestions for the forum:

1. Add a "report post to moderator" link to each message. Most forum posts are fine, but some are filled with anger towards other members. This drives people away from the forum.

2. More moderation. Rules of acceptable and unacceptable posts should be clear and concise, and applied evenly and consistently. At present, there is too much bullying behavior, and it's costing us members.

3. Configure the forum software to remember which posts and which topics have been read and take the user automatically to any new content. When I can't get on for a couple of days and a thread has grown from 20 posts to 40, it's hard to track which posts I've read and which I haven't, so I end up reading none of them. I think this is the only forum I frequent that doesn't have this feature.

4. Be prepared to split the forum into subforums. At present I think the forum is small enough and the volume of posts light enough that I would not like to see it be split. If we grow, though, we will reach a point where that is necessary.

Make it a condition of joining the forum to introduce oneself. It feels like having people comment "I've been following the forum for some t but never commented," is like someone Peeping Tom.
To have unseen eyes on the forum is disgusting and invasive of privacy.

@Maymay941 If I had to introduce myself as a condition of joining, I never would have. Back then I was just a lurker, still in that brand new acceptance stage. I was definitely not ready to introduce myself because I needed to read some posts before I really trusted people.

Snow I have a problem being open to any extent with a group of people watching my private thoughts unfold in a public forum and not sharing .of themselves. Read Google searches if one doesn't want to step up and declare I'm here at all.
I think the forum was probably created with intent of incontinence suppliers to know what the incontinent client is finding about their products.I of course could be wrong.

The extreme personal nature of not having control of one's continence has created a sounding board for everything personal and is not something that unseen unknown people should be viewing without declaring their presence. No image no truth no extensive description is asked only that you show up because some people have been baring their rawest souls here so to do otherwise is voyeurism.

I have always started out as a "lurker" on forums until I decide I have something to contribute or a question to ask.

Most people use an anonymous "handle" rather than their real name, and rightfully so. It can be dangerous to use your real name or provide too much information that evil people with nefarious intentions can use to harm you. That is what makes places like Facebook and dating sites so dangerous.

Anyway, I wouldn't require anyone to introduce themselves before reading the forum or posting a question or response.
:)

Hi I’m CJR I just had a prostatectomy almost 4 months ago and is dealing with incontinence and I am pretty frustrated my doctor seem to think I should be over it in a matter of months but from what I have read it can take up to year or even more any thoughts, and I am not ashamed of anything it’s something that happened there’s nothing that I can do about it so why be ashamed of something that you have no control over

snow said:
@Maymay941 If I had to introduce myself as a condition of joining, I never would have. Back then I was just a lurker, still in that brand new acceptance stage. I was definitely not ready to introduce myself because I needed to read some posts before I really trusted people.
I think you're right about that.

Hi. I just joined the forum and have OAB. Totally dependent on pullups.

I would like to see NAFC advocate on for financial help for those suffering with incontinence>
To obtain inancial assistance to defray the cost of incontinence pullups and related supplies where medically required.Or to
To allow Health Savings Accounts to pay for pullups and supplies with tax free income even if you have Medicare. Currently if you have Medicare you can't have an HSA, even tho Medicare doesn't cover such supplies.
The cost of urinary pullups is prohibitive-- I spend at least $200/month for mediocre Depends overnight. Better quality pullups are twice the cost.
Thanks for listening