What makes you wet in the night?

Archives1

Staff member
Hi All,

I always dream about going to the bathroom and then after a few minutes, I will realize it is not a dream, and I'm in a total mess.

The last time I told the same to OBGYN, she thinks I'm crazy and she doesn't care about what I'm saying.

Anyone have such kind of dreams or what makes you wet.

Shan

Hi @shanu1010, Your symptoms do not suggest you're crazy in the slightest! You have an actual physical problem that needs to be handled competently and compassionately. Please do yourself a big favor and find a different doctor ASAP! The one you are seeing now obviously does not have your best interests at heart and you're wasting your time going to that doctor.

@shanu1010,
You aren’t crazy, but I would find a doctor who has some compassion and actually cares about your concerns. Sorry you experienced that.

HI @shanu1010, change doctors asap. I hate nothing more than a doctor that you are paying for who doesn't listen😡, I had gone through a similar experience with a doctor who would not listen and I booted her really quickly and had found a new doctor that did listen. Sometimes something like a temperature change will increase wetting or just a drink before sleeping.

I have had the "Pee Dream" before also... I'm usually at a toilet in my dream, and I've actually woken up a few times during my "pee dream" to find I was really wetting the bed at the same time. This actually happened more frequently in the past, when I was only wetting a few times a year. Now that I'm wetting almost every night, and have returned to diapers to save the bed, I rarely have the pee dream, I just wake up with a wet diaper.

I have tried to have dreams, play water sounds, try hypnosis or anything else to help me wet my diaper at night. I normally don't wet during the night yet but as soon as I wake up, sometimes before I even get out of bed, the flood gates open.

I usually have a pee dream 2-3 times a week. I sometimes wake up and if I do I know I’m diapered with plastic pants on. I never lay down in with out a diaper on, NEVER! I put it on knowing I will wake up wet. If I do wake up dry which is rare and I have to pee I will just wet myself because I have a diaper on and want to stay in bed and want to go back to sleep. I use a CPAP every night and have for about s year. This when I started wetting again. I use to do it in my 20’s and now again in my mid 40’s.

As others have said these dreams happen. It brings to mind for me the chicken and the egg. Which came 1st? Do I wet the bed because I am dreaming I am going or, do I dream I am going because I already am?
I would agree with numerous statements above (1) you're not crazy it happens. (2) I would if possible try to find your way into a urology office. (3) If this is happening frequently I would wear something to bed.
I wet the bed almost every night and like others I cannot imaging going to bed without a diaper on.
Once you get "use to wetting the bed" with a diaper on your stress level should go down and your sleep quality should go up.
Think about it this way would you run your clothes washer in your house if it didn't have a good way to removed all the water to the outside? Of course not anything in the area would be wet and more than likely ruined. But most of us use clothes washer inside of our homes (I get it if you use the laundry mat) without a thought to them. Why? because experience has shown us there is nothing to worry about or stress over, nothing will get wet or ruined because the hose takes the water outside the house.
So if I move my dumb little analogy to wetting the bed. Yes if at all possible I want to find the reason and repair it but maybe that's not possible. (many on this site fall into this category)So if I wear a diaper then when I do wet its captured and handled until morning (or whenever you change)no wet bedding, clothes, ruined mattress, possible significant other, etc.
Understand this is not you out there alone that has had this experience it happens more frequently then you may think.

The dream of going to the bathroom, while wetting the bed, is common. People talk about it on this forum often. I think your doctor's reaction indicates that she doesn't have a lot of experience.
When I have the dream that I am urinating, it means that I am already peeing my bed. Even if I manage to wake myself up, it is usually too late to stop. For that reason, I wear diapers and plastic pants to bed. It protects the bedding, so I can sleep right on through to morning.

Agreed!, I've had that dream every once in a while and I'm usually standing feet away from a toilet. In my case, I wake up with a soaked diaper with or without any dreams. My urinary incontinence control is virtually non existent and wear high absorbency diapers day and night with a bed protector I just purchased for peace of mind. On the plus side, I do get a restfull, good night's sleep and during the day I no longer stress about wetting accidents and can move about for an entire day without needing to change. Usually a couple of good brands out there are abena abriforms, BetterDry, Rearz incontrol, seni quatro, confidri 27/7 and xp5000's are just a few examples.

My anxiety and stress level went down to almost zero when I added daytime quality disposables to my routine. I’ve worn thick p8n on diapers for bedwetting my whole life. That used to distress me especially when I was 8-18 years old. The numerous times I was discovered as being a diaper wearing bedwetter was always embarrassing. Visiting out of town relatives or family friends was stressful since my designated bed always had plastic under the sheets, which broadcast we have a visiting bedwetter. Yes 15 or 16 years old, multiple clubs and sports in high school and a drivers license still wearing diapers to bed with noisy plastic mattress covers on my bed.
Anyway that time is long past and once I was diagnosed with a neurogenic bladder I went to 24/7 diapers. Daytimes are now basically wonderful. I don’t get rashes at all and a better dry or Abena can usually last me 12 hours. No stress and really very convenient.

Shaun, j thing thst you wet and somehow it gets incorporated into a dream. For me a dream about an embarrassing accident if I first wet.

Something else interesting. On occasion, I have dreamed about using a toilet and woke up dry. Weird.

~Mel

I wet because of an underdeveloped urinary system. Tiny bladder. Sphincter won’t close. I’ve wet the bed my entire life. I’ve always worn a diaper to bed. I’m in diapers 24/7 now. I’ve lost all control.

I do have dreams about wetting my diaper. I have dreams about people taking care of me, people checking my diaper, and people changing my diaper. It could be anyone from a doctor, nurse, teacher, aunt, uncle, or police officer. Sometimes just an ordinary person who notices I’m wet decides to change my diaper.

I wear both cloth diapers and disposable diapers. But when I dream, I’m always in a cloth diaper, diaper pins, and plastic pants.

Well Jason, I see it's your birthday!! Happy birthday along with a Happy New Year! I hope you can do something really cool to celebrate and that at least you will get a good cake out of the deal!!! Best wishes for a good year, both from a birthday and a New Year standpoint!!! :D Cheers!!! 🍺