What is urge incontinence like?

For me, they're one and the same - I get what I would call bladder spasms, and if they go on long enough or get intense enough, I can't hold it anymore.

I'm interested to hear others' take on it, though. I don't know what I don't know sometimes. :)

Similar here. Usually get spasms starting 2-3 min before voiding without control. However, I also void when I stand from sitting almost everytime and most without a spasm. I think it is just the pipe being pinched and pressure relieves as I stand. After having sex my wife can some times feel the spasms, at which point the mood is ruined and I scramble for the bathroom before I pee on her.

It's basically another name for bladder spasms where leakage occurs...

You get a sudden and very intense urge to urinate, which is caused by bladder muscle contractions (involuntary muscle contractions = "spasms"). When those contractions are stronger than the sphincters, leakage occurs, often a very significant amount.

All of the above and get very little advance notice when I do need to go, and then it urgent and painful. Sometimes I get five minutes’ notice; usually it’s more like 30 seconds.

I feel like I have to go often due to OAB and although I think I have the muscle strength to hold it longer, doing so becomes so uncomfortable that I can't hold it any longer. I'm not sure if I would call them spasms or not but that sounds somewhat correct. The worst for me is when I'm in a position where my body doesn't want to go due to my posture but the "spasms" are worsening.

What is urge incontinence like? Well in as few words as possible it's you gotta go and you gotta go now!!!! Like right now!!!! :O In fact I had some this afternoon. And it's getting a little colder out since a cold front went through this morning. And that gets things going "down there" quite a bit! Tomorrow will be even colder so I'll just have to see what happens!

My wife got me some Prosta Genix to help me with urges to urinate at night which woke both of us up. This worked for me BEFORE I had my prostate removed for several cancerous tumors that were present. I had several bottles left afterward, and I laughed as I thought, no prostate, how could these help? Well they HAVE helped ME. When I get a signal to go, I can make it to the bathroom now, sleep through the night now, and the kicker is that SHE is taking it too, with help for the same issues, just less intense. She didn't have all her reproductive plumbing removed and or re arranged, but she likes not being irritated by making needed bathroom visits at night. I would sure like to hear from some of you if you care to try it. Good or Bad.

I compare it to when I was a kid, and I didn't want to stop playing outside to go inside and use the restroom... The urge would build up over time, like an hour, then it would get to the breaking point, and I'd be doing the "Pee Pee Dance". It's like that EXCEPT it hits me in a few minutes, instead of slowly over an hour. It's like 1 minute I'm fine, then a few minutes later, I feel like I'm going to burst.

If I'm very near a bathroom, I can make it. But if I'm out in public somewhere, or on a road trip, the urge or spasm, becomes so strong that I start leaking, no matter how hard I'm trying to hold it. When it first started, I had more "Lead time" warning, and I could get by with wearing Depends Real Fit pull-up underwear. However, over the past few months, it's gotten to the point that if I'm not going to be near a toilet, I have to wear a diaper, which has more absorbency.

Is it bad to admit that there are more and more times lately where I know I have on an adequate diaper and the spasms start that I try to relax and just let it happen to get rid of the spasm, rather than the mad pee-pee-dance dash to the bathroom?

That sounds soo familiar, my incontinence is rather strange, it all started with that horrible lower disc extrusion, I would gradually dribble and or wet without feeling anything,would also wet the bed, and started using Molicare super diapers. But then as time passed on I started getting really strong peeing urges. It just starts without any warning almost cramping feeling and just overpowers my bladder sphincter and about 1/4 cup of urine comes out and upgraded to more absorbent diapers like abenas and rearz just to make sure I dont have any leaks.

@wetdad that is how I feel, in many cases I could maybe hold it a little longer but it is so uncomfortable that if I am adequately protected it is easier to relax and let myself go. Although, I hate doing that. That is why I've always been confused by suggestions like kegels or whatever else. I feel like the issue is not that the sphincter isn't strong enough but that the other muscles are too strong.

From my experience it's not being able to avoid going toilet to pee every hour or less and in some cases not making it to the toilet to pee and having a wetting accident.

Snow, prosta
genix has Vitamin D, Iodine, Zinc,Selenium,Copper, mangenese, Chromium, and Molybedenum. On a separate line it has Betarexin Proprietary Sterol Blend, and on another Line says Polyphenol SuperSupport Blend. Again, since the Surgery, I needed to use about 3 pull ups and numerous pads per day. I know I am a fast healer, but when I started re taking the Prosta Genix, Things changed exponentially to the good for me as far as filling up Pads and leaking over into pull ups. I can pretty much wear just a pull up for a few days, and use just 2 or 3 pads per day that catch discharges of urine from a caugh or sneeze that compresses my lower torso. I am sleeping all night without the need for an instant rocket ride to the bathroom to save the pad I wore all night for insurance. I just hope it can help some others too.

@wml1963 I also hope it can help others, though be sure to check with your physician(s) before beginning any OTC medications.

Urge Incontinence is what I have. I could be fine one minute, then the next I am peeing. You realize you are about to pee just before it happens and there is nothing you can do about it... and it can happen anytime. I was getting my diaper changed and she no longer had the new diaper off and pulled out from under me and I started peeing. Thankfully she put the new one under me before unfastening the old one and we got it in time. Embarrassing.