What gets you through the difficult times?

Archives1

Staff member
For me it is and has always been music. I don’t like to read (I have the attention span of a gnat unless it’s computers and I’m dyslexic so) and i don’t watch tv (again the attention thing). But I put music on and it just drowns everything out and I get lost in it. My headphones are my best friend. I would be dead without music.

Sitting in my chair and watching nature through my large living room windows: in season: birds, butterflies, bees, breezes riffling leaves, tall trees swaying with the bigger winds, leaves budding out, changing colors, dropping delicately from tiny stems or being forcefully torn from tired trees, rain drops testing the leaves of my cherry bush or drenching the crab apple tree, Peaches, my cat sitting on the top of the cement block fence, the roadrunners walking across the top of the same fence then hopping up on my neighbor's roof, all the while I am embracing the silence. Stopping long enough to get in touch with the temporariness of everything. I'll get through this too.

My service dog Bella who helps me get around and with the wheelchair, my rescued basset hound, BooBoo, and my husband’s service dog who helps him with PTSD keep me pretty occupied. I am a retired nurse and I sure had different plans. I am learning ways of dealing but then everything changes the rules. A few weeks ago I went 5 days without incontinence and I hoped but no such luck. Since I am waiting for a firm diagnosis when I go to MUSC, I am living day to day. We have traveled many places before COVID and incontinence, with Bella. She loves Walt Disney World and SeaWorld. Pic is Bella at Walt Disney World 3 years ago. Max is the white polar bear service dog, and BooBoo is the basset who keeps everyone going.
7287b98af8272621423ef26956831727.jpg
0dd6c18628a94ce88223ac70be23a4d0.jpg
a0239882a388f1c81576c61270c1daff.jpg

Prayers. Had a life threatening issues since October. Got sepsis which shut down my heart, lungs, and kidneys. Heart and lungs are ok now.I am on dialysis 3 times a week. Kidney function slowly improving. Possibly will get off dialysis latet

Hi @artiejr, I'm sorry to hear you've had those health issues lately. I wish you a speedy recovery and that your kidney function keeps improving. Just concentrate on getting well and do what the docs and nurses tell you!!!