What’s the best diaper rash treatment for adults?

DPCARE said:
they all can be a bit messy and some smell better than others it is probably best to wear gloves when applying diaper rash creams because they are so messy
Ahhh, gloves, I should have thought of that. I bought some Desitin to compare it too. Thanks!

I have been using Boudreaux's Butt Paste and just bought some Desitin to try it as well. I have an appointment with a neurologist today about my autonomic neuropathy and will try the Desitin under my fresh diaper when I go. It is an odd sensation when you have everything down there smeared down with this thick paste and walk around and sit down with it in your diaper. It is sticky for sure.

yes it does take a little getting used to I also like using corn starch baby powder with just about every diaper change

caseywor said:
I have been using Boudreaux's Butt Paste and just bought some Desitin to try it as well. I have an appointment with a neurologist today about my autonomic neuropathy and will try the Desitin under my fresh diaper when I go. It is an odd sensation when you have everything down there smeared down with this thick paste and walk around and sit down with it in your diaper. It is sticky for sure.

It really isn't a bad feeling, it actually feels good since it is soothing the areas that need to be soothed and does it pretty quickly. It is just different feeling it squish around down there a bit.

DPCARE said:
yes it does take a little getting used to I also like using corn starch baby powder with just about every diaper change

caseywor said:

Don't forget to try the 'creamy Desitin'. It's pretty much odorless, goes on and off really easy, and does the job for me of rash protection. The original paste is wayyyyy to pasty for me to use.

As recc on here I use Johnson and Johnson aloe and vit e talc. I tried medicated Gold Bond and that will certsinly wake you up! Ouch. All the talc can get pasty if you use to much.

I sometimes us the Desitin cream and i also use soft paper towels folded over in my depends and if I have just a small leak or two I just switch out to new paper towel ( about 3-4 of the 1/2 size towels folded over once. Cheap, too)

That is the thing in my case right now, I have a fairly severe case going on. The Butt Paste is working well, just very messy. I am about to change into another diaper for a doctor's appointment (Neurologist) I am going to today in a half an hour or so. I am going to try the Desitin before putting a fresh diaper on to see how it is. It isn't the creamy, the regular Desitin paste. I really don't mind if it feels sticky in my diaper around my manhood and butt area and around leg gathers as long as it works really well. It is what it does to my hands that is bothersome. I am going to get some gloves for that.

jrpoorman said:
Doug, the creamy is pretty good for minor or daily use.

The Desitin feels effective so far. I smeared it pretty well in my diaper covered areas, and it is feeling better. The Beaudreaxs is good too, just messy too. I am going to have to get used to this now as my new normal. It gets hot and humid here a good bit of the year, so skincare in my diaper is going to be ongoing. Sweat along with urine both can cause problems. The stickiness and slippery squishy feeling isn’t bad really, it depends on how much I use too. It beats a rash!

I use target brands of diaper rash creams. Much cheaper than national brands, works as good as the more expensive brands.

Bepanthen I find very good for diaper rash and for friction rash around the thighs where you tape up the diaper I find sudocreme good for that.

I have that issue going on right now, I will try it.
Dino said:
Bepanthen I find very good for diaper rash and for friction rash around the thighs where you tape up the diaper I find sudocreme good for that.

Be careful with some of the diaper rash creams. If you get it on your plastic pants, eventually IT WILL DESTROY YOUR PLASTIC PANTS.

I am glad to have seen this thread. I am having severe problems as of now.

I had to see a local urgent care doctor and he diagnosed jock itch, tinea cruris. He prescribed Terbinafine for it and told me to keep using Boudreaux's Butt Paste and/or Desitin. I have been really uncomfortable today to the point that right now I am risking wetting on the floor by my computer as I work by not wearing a diaper.

I hope this gets better very soon.

Another thing to consider is vaseline. I use the Walmart brand. Much cheaper and works great. Just make sure it doesn't come contact with any type of plastic pants. It will eventually make them brittle and useless.