Wetting

Leakage can be frustrating and embarrassing. However, there are management solutions, such as diapers. Disposables come immediately to mind; however, if this promises to be long-term, you might consider trying washables. Good luck.

Patrick said:
Leakage can be frustrating and embarrassing. However, there are management solutions, such as diapers. Disposables come immediately to mind; however, if this promises to be long-term, you might consider trying washables. Good luck.
@Patrick

So there is very little mention of medical testing done here. Have you had a catheter put in and test the size of your bladder? Have you had the pressure checked in your bladder? Also, have you had x-rays done of your spine? If you have a tiny separation in your spine...it's like a spinabifida that has gone unnoticed,and that can cause bladder problems. It took forever for someone to do proper testing on our daughter. No pediatric doctor would test her....but finally, when she was 16, she saw a new doctor who did all the tests. She had very high pressure. She can become totally incontinent when she is 30 unless they try some proceedures. One is injecting botox into the bladder. Since she is a senior in high school, if the botox overworks, she may have had to cath herself to go to the bathroom. The doctor has had great success with botox, every 6 months. One other thing is the pacemaker for the bladder. Our daughter had that done and immediately she stopped wetting.Then after 3 weeks, it stopped working, UGH....we think the wires that are near her spine, moved..she is very skinny and the nerves are close together. We've switched programs often and sometimes it works, but while she's experimenting, she still wears a diaper. So , we wait. We know that is DID work...so we think it may work again, if the wiring is changed. We'll see. Good luck to all of you but find a docor who will test you, work with you. One daughter had lots of infections, so the doctors did tons of testing on her when she was 4 or 5. We adopted her from an orphanage, so we knew nothing of her medical history. It turned out she had reflux, which could lead to kidney failure. The surgery was a success. Findingout the purpose of bedwetting is very important.

dedvz,

Good luck with your daughter. I have had all the urological tests and six bladder/urethral surgeries, including several Botox shots. My last surgery was a urinary sphincterotomy. I was not offered a bladder pacemaker, probably because of some fractured vertebrae and compressed discs. I agree that bedwetting can be the symptom of a serious medical condition, which makes competent medical care so important. Keep us informed of your daughter's progress.

Did the botox work for you at all? It sounds like you have been through so much!!! The bladder pacemaker is used for a lot of people with paralysis or spinabifida .....so back issues are one of the reasons they DO that surgery. I never even knew about it until Christmas time. I had no idea it was an option. My daughter heard about it and wanted to try it so badly....so we went for it. I know that they have done lots of them at Duke, and we might go there and get another opinion....although the doctor who did my daughters is sort of a relative, and we really adore here. We'll just have to wait and see. The surgery isn't difficult. She hardly took a pain pill. We'll just have to wait and see if she can find the right program, but we my husband and I think she needs to have the wire put closer to her spine.....just from what we have learned! Good luck to you as well.

dedevz,

The Botox injections worked pretty much as advertised. They quieted my bladder spasms and paralyzed the sphincter. However, they wore off after successively shorter periods of time. The first shots lasted some six months; the second shots lasted perhaps four months, and, when the last series of shots lasted less than six weeks, my urologist decided that a sphincterotomy was my last, best hope for a long-term cure. It was, and I have never regretted having it. I am incontinent, with no hope of ever regaining control, which I was told to expect. However, my kidneys are no longer threatened; my bladder spasms continue, but the pain is greatly reduced, and diapers enable me to live a nearly normal life. Only my family and close friends and neighbors know. I hope that the pacemaker will solve your daughter's incontinence.

I hope the pacemaker problem can be solved. We all think the wiring needs to be re-done. She has spasms and so does my other daughter who had bad reflux. But they are not painful for either of them. One takes meds for this....but she had the bladder re -implantation done years ago....so her kidneys are doing well. I will keep you all posted on what happens with the pacemaker problem!!!

Well, not to worry, there are a lot of guys like me who would not mind your bedwetting and would think an adult diaper is more attractive than a thong on a Lady, I know I loke it