West Panhandle of FL, Mt. Bike or Kayak??

Archives1

Staff member
So I will find myself in the western panhandle of Florida mid October and looking for ideas on kayaking or mt biking. I've heard Eglin Air Force Base Rec area is good and has dedicated bike trail and kayak areas (Eglin AFB Rec Pass needs to be purchases for $5 I think). Any other suggestions for the area. Looking Panama City to Pensacola area.

Also anyone want to join in the fun? Happy to paddle or bike with others. Got a second bike or kayak to bring if you do not have your own.

JT

Hi JT,
It’s Jim. I would so love to go if I could. May have to shoot for next year or so though so I can get some more vacation time saved up. I would love to learn how to kayak. I may have to rent one that you sit on top. Don’t have a place to store it in the condo.
Hopefully we can get together in spring or something before the hot days start again. Let me know if that works for you?
Thanks for the offer.

UPDATE, Looking at next weekend for the trip.

Anyone in the area want to meet up?

Have suggestions on where to paddle/ mt bike? I have a few ideas I've looked up.

Hi JT,

My name is Mark, and I live in Annapolis, MD. However, I'm free to travel at will, and like going to warmer places as the fall starts to set in. When are you planning to go? If he timing works out, I could meet you there for a short vacay :)

Hi Jim -

I admit that I had to look up Hampstead :) But i see we're not too far away from each other. Maybe we can have lunch sometime.

Mark

That would great. I work up in Sparks, MD. Near the the UPS Distribution Center just north of the Hunt Valley Mall🙂
Maybe on day I can sneak out for a bit for lunch. Will let you know if I can get a day we are not as busy🙂

btmsupnmd said:
Hi JT,

My name is Mark, and I live in Annapolis, MD. However, I'm free to travel at will, and like going to warmer places as the fall starts to set in. When are you planning to go? If he timing works out, I could meet you there for a short vacay :)

Hi Mark, So the trip is kinda already planned. It will be this Sunday and only for a few hours. So not worth a trip down. However I am looking to do something in central Florida before the end of the year for a 1-2 day outdoor fun trip. Probably MT. Biking one day and Kayaking another.

Next potential trip might be weekend before Thanksgiving in central Fl. One day kayaking one day mt biking. Anyone interested in meeting up? Must bring your own kayak or mt bike.

Hi guys,
Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
Mark,
How is Annapolis today? I’m out and about in sunny Hampstead. Hope you are doing well.
JayTee,
I am still looking forward to stopping down and learning how to stay on a kayak... so want to learn that. It’s on my bucket list.
👍
Is anyone doing anything good for Thanksgiving?
We have some family coming up from down south for a few days. May do some volunteer stuff at our cold weather shelter for the day too. They just opened for the cold months.
Take care,
Jim in sunny MD

Thanks Jaytee,

You could be right. Looks like allot of fun and a good way to exercise.
Hope you guys have a nice Thanksgiving! :)
Our neighbor in the condo above us had her hot water heater break a couple nights ago so I got to
fix our ceiling with some primer. She's a nice older lady so didnt ask her to pay for anything.
Glad it just needed a little primer. I needed a reason to repaint the ceiling and maybe change the wall color so it worked out well.

Take care, time to turn in. Work comes early.

Have a nice week!

Jim

So bit late, but this is what was missed.....

07b07577ba130e4ff8794d51c06adc97.jpg