We deserve better...I welcome your thoughts

Archives1

Staff member
Hello everyone,

My name is Barbara and I have been suffering with incontinence over the last year. It has been a challenge for me and my family but we have gotten by. Over the last few months, I've explored many of the existing alternatives to purchase incontinence products and have been underwhelmed and disappointed. There are nearly 30 million of us who manage these issues in this country and I think we deserve better.

I'd like to work towards a better solution to make the process of buying incontinence supplies easier and cheaper. But first, I'd like to get all of your thoughts on what an ideal solution would look like.

If you could, please fill out this completely anonymous 10 question survey (should take less than 2min). I welcome your thoughts.

Sincerely,
BM

I took the survey. I didn’t add it because I just thought of it. My problem is the companies that make diapers are going to cloth backed diapers (which are horrible in so many ways). They also cheapen the quality of plastic backed diapers as well. Abena Abri Form M4 is so different than it was 10 years ago, and not in a good way. Same thing with Molicare. We need high capacity plastic backed diapers that can perform for several hours.

@BarbaraM

A good start with the survey, Barbara.

I'm sure it can always be refined in the future as products evolve and individual needs change for each of us.

I know those are rather generalized statement, but I've managed bladder incontinence for over twenty years and have continually updated my methods for product selection and ordering/buying incontinence managment products.

Firstly, I want to thank the over 60 of you who filled out the survey and for those who commented on the thread and to me directly. Clearly, many feel similar challenges in purchasing high-quality incontinence products online. My plan is to advocate with the right folks to improve this experience.

One thing that people who I've spoken with want to understand is which products people buy and how often, to identify the solutions that would be helpful for most people.

If you could, I've added a quick 5 question follow-up survey below (should take less than 2min). Thanks for the outpouring of support and I'm hopeful we can build better solutions for all of us.

Sincerely,
BM

What is the results of the survey. What product (pad, underwear etc) do women seem to prefer and what brand.

Thank you.