was getting better and things changed

Archives1

Staff member
it has been 2 years since i had my prostate removed. I originally leaked over 25 OZ. a day. after 3 months it went down to 4 to 6 OZ a day. I have been to 3 therapists recently went to Kirk center. They practice visceral manipulation. I am on my 12 sessions. 4 weeks ago I was leaking between 1 and 3 OZ. than the last 2 weeks I am leaking 5 to 9 OZ. very frustrating after the improvement. I haven't leaked that much since a couple month out of surgery. Can anyone help explain what is happing. Thanks

Did you by chance have radiation after surgery? If so radiation is worse for incontinence in long run. After 9 years keeps getting worse.

no I didn't have radiation. just removal. I was getting happy I thought things were finally getting better.

sparkstwo said:
no I didn't have radiation. just removal. I was getting happy I thought things were finally getting better.

It's going to be okay man.

Keep your chin up. I will say a prayer for you tonight; hoping things will improve. I can feel the same feelings when I get what are similar to flare ups of my bladder.

May the Lord be present and bring healing to you.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

My situation is different since I had radiation six months after my surgery. Before radiation, I was almost dry at less than an ounce per day. In the first four months after radiation, I stayed at 1.5 ounces per day. Then, the floods began. First 5 ounces/day, then 10/day, finishing at 40+/day. The urologists came to the conclusion that this was due to radiation scarring and impacts on my bladder. They sent me to physical therapy, had me do even more kegels. The flood just got worse. They put me on MYRBETRIQ, which reduced the flood to 30 ounces on some days. The next step was Botox injections into the bladder walls. I am now below 20 ounces/day on most days, which I have found manageable. The only remaining alternative is an Artificial Urinary Sphincter, which I would like to avoid. Since you have not had radiation, your situation is likely to improve with the exercises, but the drugs and Botox are also available if you do not see improvements. Best of luck.