Waist Bands

Archives1

Staff member
Do other people tuck in their shirts or just leave it un-tuck? I usually tuck it in when I wear a button down, and I do have some adult stockings/onesies that I use once in awhile. The only issue I have is that I live in South FL and the humidity can kill. If I am just wearing a shirt I leave it un-tucked but that causes my anxiety and paranoia to kick in and I spend all day pulling my shirt down thinking someone can see. I've already been stopped at work on my way to the bathroom and asked why I was taking my backpack with me in there, and then again as to if I was leaving or something. I have even had someone say "Did I go change my diaper" with other people in the room. Should I even care if my shirt is tucked or not, or even if people see my waste banned, do people lose sleep over this like me?

I don’t really care either way as I have a short sleeve shirt that has a button up crotch which would hide the waste band of a diaper. So if I am really concerned I put that on. Otherwise I wear boxers over top of my pullon briefs. It’s honestly crappy (no pun intended) that this even crosses our mind or that people are even that disrespectful towards you. My apologies to you on behalf of humanity lol. It’s SAD

I say don't stress it.. Let people think what they wish can I let you know what happened to me? So I walked into pizza hut carry out in Provo Utah and this lady looked at me weird as i couldn't tuck in my t-shirt and she saw my diaper and she started laughing but containing her laughter so I politely told her to please stop laughing at me and what I learnd is that you just can't let other people's thoughts effect you so never worry I would suggest moving to Utah or somewhere safe where there's nicer people trust me you tell that person to mind their own business next time they invade your privacy

I’m sure my diaper has been spotted before and I’ve noticed a few long stares but never anymore than that. It’s very sad how people are towards others and aren’t willing to understand others issues. We just need to move on and try to forget about those to ignorant to understand. I am who I am and I struggle enough with just that, I can’t take on anyone else’s problems!!

Karma is a bitch! Just tell the stupid people that they just may need “diapers” tomorrow or the next day so laugh now while they can.

Very well put Petejc. At the end of the day that is the ultimate end goal everyone should strive for. :)

I had this lady Laugh at me under her breath while I walked into pizza hut carry out just the other day while I walked into the place because she could see that I was wearing a plastic backed diaper and it is pathetic how society is! LOL!!

The fact is people are so self absorbed and self centric these days that hardly anyone will notice. Those that do notice, most likely won’t say anything. Too many people waste time and health stressing over this.

For the most part, I don't bother with tucking my shirt or wearing anything over my diapers. I just make sure to always wear a belt to keep my pants from sliding down. Though I know my waistband has been exposed dozens of times.

When I first started wearing daytime protection though, I always took extra steps like wearing briefs and tucking my shirts in. But now...it isn't something I think about too often.

Thank you guys for the responses, im still not sure what to do about it. As for now Ill just keep it to my self but if someone happens to say something then Ill just come out and say it.

1. if you are worried about it get long tail shirts from places like Duluth trading co they are specially made to keep them from riding up above the waistline.
2. If people are noticing you taking bag into bathroom and such and saying things like that and they continue to do it one tell them its none of their business why you take your bag into the restroom (because it isn't) two if they rightly guess what you are doing and patronize, make fun, or gossip about it tell them once to stop or knock it off of they don't go talk to your HR as it is considered harassment and discrimination against someone with disability which is covered under ADA and the right to work act.

Also I habe had ADA accommodations at places I have worked where I could keep a bag of my supplies in the first aid room and utilize the single person bathroom they had in the first aid room in order to change myself maybe could look into that depending on where you work

On the shirt thing it depends. If at work or other places where a tucked in shirt is expected i.e. Church then I tuck my shirt in. If it is casual then it is untucked. If wearing sports shirts or t-shirts then they are always untucked.

While my issue is with night wetting so I don't have to worry about 'protection' showing, I was concerned when taking a long flight earlier in the year. (thanks to those who posted on my post about that and TSA security). I wore an adult pull-ups on the flight and was a little concerned, but not much that it might show. I didn't tuck my shirt in. it was a longer button casual type shirt and I wore boxers over my pull-ups. Now saying that, when untucked I have had some people comment that my boxers were showing. So if I had to wear protection during the day, I'd wear boxers over it so that if I was untucked only my boxers would show and not my pull-ups.