Diapers with or without underwear on top?

Always with. I wear briefs, because they hold everything in place. I sometimes flood my incontinence brief, and if there is a lot of room for things to move around inside, then there's no telling what direction said flood might go, especially at night.

Weel @jeffswet, I know what you mean about having a lot of room for things to move around inside and who knows what direction the flooding might go! You're wise not to take that chance!

I always wear a 100% cotton "granny panty" over my disposable diapers. It just seems to keep the diaper in place a bit better and it keeps the tabs from sticking on my clothing and coming off. An added benefit is that it can absorb a tiny leak and keep it from getting on your outer clothing. 100% cotton keeps things cool too. I guess a lot of guys might find this a bit "odd" but the ones I buy ("Carole" brand from Beall's online) are just plain white with no lace or feminine trim. They are very full cut and cover my diaper completely so it kind of reduces the "medical" look of things too.

@snow : Have you ever thought about wearing a onesie? I've seen quite a few women wearing something that looks like a onesie (probably just a long tucked in T-shirt) with just a pair of jeans. Seems like it would positively keep your diapers from showing in low cut jeans no matter how you moved.
I'm certainly not someone to give fashion advice but I guess you could even put another shirt or top over that. I know my Wife does that from time to time.

I have worn either plastic pants, one of those "All in one diapers" or an actual cloth diaper over my disposal just in case I leak.

@Padded53 Yes, thank you, good suggestion. Yes, sometimes I wear onesies, but they tend to make my stomach hurt. They're a good ally for keeping the core warm in cold weather, never mind the pain.

Hi @Padded53, wearing a 100 percent cotton granny panty is thinking outside of the box! It seems to be a creative and practical approach especially as a way to keep the tabs from sticking to outer clothes and coming loose. And onesies may also be a good solution for some as well.

@billliveshere : I actually do wear a onesie to bed during the few winter months we have here in Florida. However I don't wear them during the day as the snaps really are rough on my inner thighs when walking. Obviously not a problem while sleeping as I don't tend to move around much.

I don’t own any underwear. I’ve been in diapers 24/7 for years.

If you wear a good quality diaper and put it on correctly, plus change as required, the issues most guys are having will go away. If you’re going to push the limit of how much the diaper can absorb, you need a maximum absorbency product and still may wish to add booster pads. My approach is to wear more absorbency than I need. That way, the diaper will never reach maximum saturation and I won’t experience issues. Yeah it’s bulky but I disguise it with full cut trousers and oversized shirts.

Hi @Jason, I always say that a good fit is essential! Because if it's a bit loose then you're prone to leaks. And I see your reasoning for going with the maximum absorbency. Those who know me always know that I always say it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! :D

Howdy folks,

I’m suggesting all users of adult diapers go to www.incontinentsupport.org. You will find a “diaper primer” with detailed information on using both cloth and disposable diapers. I know the gentleman who wrote it. He’s much like myself and was never out of diapers.

It appears the biggest cause of leaking is simply not wearing enough protection. While I understand the desire to cut down on bulk, it’s unavoidable. I always wear a bulky diaper and the few times I’ve been approached about wearing diapers, I just own it. It’s only a big deal if you let it be one. On the few occasions I’m asked, I explain, in as few words as possible, that I can’t hold urine, and I follow up with “Why do you ask?” This turns the tables and invariably the response is “I’m having issues myself.” Over the years, I’ve given a few guys samples from my own diaper stash and directed them to web sites for products and information.

I’ve personally known a few guys like myself - guys who were never out of diapers - and the collective experience is that if someone’s got an issue with you, that best response is no response.

Good luck!

Excellent post, @Jason! I agree with everything you said! And I do like the way you just simply explain you can't hold urine (which is why most of us wear protection!) followed by the "why do you ask?"
And a good Plan B is as you say, the best response is no response!

Jason

If someone asked me if I was wearing a diaper, my response would be “how could that possibly be any of your business”!

Amen to that! @digouro. I hope no one has ever had the chutzpah to actually ask you (or any one else here in this forum) that!

@billliveshere Actually a couple of guys have asked me if I wore diapers. The reason? They were having issues and needed both information and reassurance. I gave gave them both some web site addresses and a few samples from my diaper stockpile. They never brought it up again but I think they felt some relief and gained a bit of confidence.

Hi @Jason, Although being asked that may have been a shock at first, their reason for asking is perfectly legitimate in this case! I'm cool with someone asking for information and reassurance although no one has ever approached me on that. Now how those guys even suspected you wear them may be another story altogether! :)

@billliveshere I don’t hide anything. When a case of diapers arrives, I take them out of the case, and the packages sit at the bottom of the stairs until I carry them up. In my bathroom, an open package is always visible. I wear cloth diapers, too, and diaper pins/plastic pants are visible. Most of my friends know. Invariably I’ll be out with them and when the guys hit the men’s room, I always enter a stall with a backpack and exit with a used diaper in tow. I don't flaunt it. But I don’t hide it, either.