Viruses stay in place

Archives1

Staff member
I was wondering about few things. I been hearing that ups and Fed ex only delivered to there stores during this outbreak. The second thing is, is there a shortage of adult diapers???? Should I plan on ordering extra diapers down the road??? These are some of the things that I heard from our State/News I live in New York. Is that true or false !!! I can't afford to be buying extra diapers. I just wanted you all to know that.

@MRjw48

Contact Pampers (the biggest) and maybe a few others, customer service, and find out their answer. If the not-so-swift agents who answer the phone, ask them to escalate it to their manager, and request he respond to you.

That’s a smart idea. I have to use the depend for men xl pull-ups sometimes and despite asking the Pharmacist and staff on several occasions Over the last few years, it’s rare they are ever in stock or in the xl size. The ladies of course have several rows that I have never seen empty. Go figure.

I know from experience fedex is doing home delivery. I have a couple packages of diapers coming from Northshore on Wednesday via FedEx. I don’t think there is a shortage but there may be a delay in shipping.

UPS is doing home delivery, here. There was an article about not worrying too much about packaging - and how to handle/treat it.
Our local stores seem to be doing okay for most stocking, but business is reduced. Forget toilet paper.
Some grocery stores now have a shopping period for Seniors and others at-risk - Fred Meyers (Kroger) is 7-9 a.m., i think. In our semi-rural area, we are ganging together so one person shops for several, no one's sick out here. Yet. The Granddaughter brought some groceries, today, said Social Distancing wasn't too hard at store. We carry a cooler in bed of pickup, for perishables like lettuce in winter, for frozen goods/dairy in summer. At minus 20, even the can of soup goes in the cooler!
Freddy's is doing Order By Phone (maybe by internet, too) and you pick it up outside the store. Not sure if they deliver to a home in town. However, a senior friend just down the road did order, Sunday and was told it wouldn't be ready until Friday, maybe a whole week.
We don't have those fancy delivery options like in the Lower 48 big cities.

Alaska had 117 cases, "only" 3 deaths, so far.

does everyone know about the Covid19 Dashboard, coronavirus dashboard? made by the 17-year-old highschool student? You can reorder any column. You can click the stars and get a custom list at top of page.

I am getting UPS and Fedex deliveries to my house here in NY. There is a good supply of of disposable briefs/underwear in the stores, so far. But it's not a bad idea to stock up.

Don't bother to try to buy facemasks, even at autoparts stores. You might consider woodworking/tool places, but here, they are getting them to the hospital. People are sewing homemade ones and taking them to the hospital. Hospitals normally have supplies - but with overfilled beds, stressed-out medical workers, I'll bet they might be running out of diapers, even.
We got taken over by the Japanese auto industry's "just-in-time" concept, stopped "over-ordering, over-stocking". The wages in China and Viet Nam were cheaper - and now the transportation industry is nearly shut down, even if that country is not just keeping it for themselves.
The next question is: how long are the shortages going to last and what will be added to the list before it is over? I really don't want to hoard....
Factories have the common problems: where are the workers going to come from in this time of Social Distancing? How about Social Distancing in the factory - none of the places i ever worked ever considered that before this. Who is going to train the workers? Where are the machines going to come from?

Lord, please let us learn from this!

Hi Atlas,
Yeah this is a trip without a doubt! Hoping and praying for all of us to be safe from this. Not hording is good, maybe just pickup one pack of tp Per visit to the store, make sure you have enough food for the week, and something good to snack on.
Recently, we are all having to be creative with purchasing when things are missing from the shelves when we’re shopping.
And be sure if you can to ask if your neighbor who can’t get out of the house, needs something.
Be Blessed and be a Blessing to someone else.

I hope everyone is doing well and being safe. In my post I wondering if there is a diaper shortage. Thanks for easing my anxiety over this. I still somewhat confused about what I should keep extra in my home. Should I plan on stocking up on stuff like diapers, wipes,food, etc. I'm sorry making this a issue out of it, it's my anxiety that gets better of me. When I hear that there a might be a shortage or not, I get afraid that I won't have enough diapers to get me through the day.

What happeneds when you get quarantine for 2weeks or more because of the viruses??? I'm just wondering, how do you get groceries and other house hold items??? I know that you can't leave your house but I haven't heard how the quarantine works. Does anyone know how??? I'm just wondering how it works. I'm just thinking head if it happens to place. I do live in a apartment building with elderly people. Thinking about how the viruses is spreading so quickly and I can be ready it happens to me.

Allot of stores are delivering food now because of all this. They recommend in the news to have a two week supply of food and medical supplies, prescriptions, etc.
Due to shortages you may have to make a couple smaller visits to the store to get things though.
What’s really screwing everyone is people hording a month or two supply of everything and the stores can’t keep up with demand.

the FED/STATE are saying to stay in place more then ever. my question is do i need to stock up on diapers for next 2/3 months???? i worried that i won't have a enough diapers or other supply. it may sound crazy but I'm confused about this whole cornavirus thing. i have a few question on what we need to have and what to believe in from gov/media!!! there is alot of misinformation out there. can someone let me know???

May be worth placing an order and getting some stock on hand now vs. later. I’ve been to Walmart 5 times and I was lucky to get one out of two rolls of paper towels. Trying to get Toilet paper is a joke for the last month.
Stay safe and wear some type of face mask if you are going out.

The NAFC just sent out a new email to us all. One of the articles is a list of the companies that can send incontinence supplies to "your door". Good list. Check it out.