Vesicare

Archives1

Staff member
Hello all. After 1yr radical prostectomy. I still have leakage and bladder feels like i can't hold more then 150ml. Dr. Feels this will greatly aid these issues.
Would like others feedback on this drug.i do know it causes dryness.

Not familiar with that, is it for overactive bladder? I take Imitramine, it’s a mild antidepressant that may help with leakage. I am also a little over a year out. We are still healing, but I feel if there is something that may help, you should try it.

I've used Vesicare. It didn't help my leakage, but the dry mouth was really bad for me. I found that I suffered brain fog with it too.
Neither the dry mouth nor brain fog fully went away after discontinuing the drug.

At 10 months after the RP, the document put me on the anti-depressant imipramine to help with continued incontinence. It made me depressed and gave me a dry cough, so it was discontinued. The docs then out me on MYRBETRIQ, which did help reduce the daily leakage.

Ricard said:
At 10 months after the RP, the document put me on the anti-depressant imipramine to help with continued incontinence. It made me depressed and gave me a dry cough, so it was discontinued. The docs then out me on MYRBETRIQ, which did help reduce the daily leakage.

Did you find that myrbetriq stopped working for you after a while? It worked for me for months and then poof - stopped working. Urologist said it was typical.

Blessings In Christ,
Honeeecombs

Yes, it’s effectiveness did drop off. The next step was 200cc of Botox into the bladder. That has been more consistent, reducing my worst leakage by c.50%, from 40+ ounces/day to about 20 ounces/day.

Ok update. 1wk on med. Urgency and frequency drastically improved. Leaking while not completely eliminated it has greatly improved also. As for side effects. Have noticed some dry mouth but easily managed with extra watet.