Urologist

Archives1

Staff member
Well, I messaged the urologist to see if there is a test to check out the issues I'm having being. He is ordering a Urodynamic test. I want to know and get answers. The last appointmet he just did an ultrasound done and told me once I lose the weight, things will get better. I went home and started thinking. That's when I decided to ask for a better test to find out underlying issues that might not show up on an ultrasound.

Urodynamic tests
A group of tests that check the function of the bladder and urethra. These may include measuring bladder pressure with a catheter in the urethra or abdominal pressure with a catheter in the bottom.

Yeah I wasn't to happy when all they did was an ultrasound. That is why I want more tests to figure out the outcome. Basically a pease of mind.

Did you have questions about it? Like most things, it's uncomfortable but it's not terrible. It's usually the first few voids after that or a cystoscopy that's worse for me.

They asked me to go in with a full bladder. I hope I can do that. The appointment is at 8am but not until December 17. I can't believe so far away for scheduling.

Ugh, yes, it's a huge issue. I delayed scheduling my second botox procedure trying to figure out costs (I had hit my deductible last year). Now that I'm ready to go back in, I have to do another preliminary appointment in October, and I'm sure I'll be scheduled out. It's terrible scheduling anything at a doctor's office lately.

So, this would be my first time going through these test that he ordered for me to do. Is there anything I should prepare for? The only thing they told me to do is do a bladder journal 3 days prior the appointment date. I am also to use a graduate cup to measure how much I void each time. Then the day of the appointment I'm to go there with a full bladder which is going to be extremely hard to do.