Updates

Archives1

Staff member
So I haven't posted in a while so figured I would update things. My urge incontinence seems to be continuing to worsen, I've been hydrating better so been urinating more which doesn't help matters but feel healthier. I finally found a protection combination that seems to work for me no matter what which is huge for me. On a more worrisome note, have had twice now in the last couple of weeks unexpected bowel movements before getting to the toilet which is something new. I've always had some urgency their too but not accidents before. Thankfully they occured at home so was able to clean up and change quickly. Debating trying to find a doctor again but with the OAB I get tired of being told the same thing over and over again and being given meds that make me feel miserable.

In other news have finally figured out how to deal with anxiety by using CBD which has been a welcome change.

greengold4 said:
So I haven't posted in a while so figured I would update things. My urge incontinence seems to be continuing to worsen, I've been hydrating better so been urinating more which doesn't help matters but feel healthier. I finally found a protection combination that seems to work for me no matter what which is huge for me. On a more worrisome note, have had twice now in the last couple of weeks unexpected bowel movements before getting to the toilet which is something new. I've always had some urgency their too but not accidents before. Thankfully they occured at home so was able to clean up and change quickly. Debating trying to find a doctor again but with the OAB I get tired of being told the same thing over and over again and being given meds that make me feel miserable.

In other news have finally figured out how to deal with anxiety by using CBD which has been a welcome change.
I agree, sometimes the remedy is worse than the symptoms, doctors wanted to pump me up with all kinds of pills with not so nice side effects and I said NO THANK YOU,I will manage it on my own, believe me been there done that.

I had been incontinent for along time and the a couple yrs ago unexpected bowel movements but didn't want more meds so have learned to live with it also had colonoscopy nothing.

@sport it is difficult to deal with incontinence but not impossible.
I'd rather manage it than have like three or four very bad side effects from those chemical pills. There are a lot of good diaper brands from Europe that are sold here in the U.S that are really good for both urinary and bowel incontinence.

Yeah, I did research on the pills available for incontinence because of what I have read here. I already deal with almost every side-effect attributed to those medications due to a head injury and I don't wish to make any of them worse. Add to that, the fact that there is a strongly suspected connection between these meds and dementia! When my bladder issues became as bad as they are now, my doctor and my urologist both suggested prescribing something, but I've been dealing with my problems with absorbent products since 1988, and, as expensive as it gets, there are no side effects.

Hi @greengold4, Have you considered a colonoscopy? If your doctor has started to suggest it, that may be something you need to do, especially if the unexpected bowel movements are something relatively new.
Or at least talked with a gastroenterologist? If it gets to the point where more meds are prescribed you always have the option of telling the doc how you feel about taking too many medications and their undesired side effects.

I'm 23 so haven't really considered it. I've dealt with bowel urgency and consistency issues since middle school so kind of have always assumed it was normal to frequently have watery or loose stools and have never seen a doctor about it. Admittedly the accidents have both happened while I was feeling under the weather in general so might have been a side effect of whatever bug I was fighting. I don't know, probably should see a doctor, but still being on parents insurance and also getting anxious about the idea of making an appointment keeps me from doing it.

You definitely need to see a gastroenterologist. Frequent loose stools are not normal, and the cause needs to be investigated.

I had my first colonoscopy at 20. You're definitely not too young to have one.