Update

Archives1

Staff member
I FINALLY MADE AN ONLINE APPOINTMENT! 🎉🎉🎉 I’m so happy I finally did it. I’ve been putting it off but I put my foot down today and made one. I didn’t want to do a face to face one so I did an online one. Not sure if they want to do a video call or just audio. When I was making it my hands were shaking so much I couldn’t even type. It honestly feels so good to finally do that.

Also, I ordered a sample from Tena but it still hasn’t come??? It said it would arrive in 14 days but they still haven’t sent anything yet. Should I reapply or just wait a bit longer?

It said they’d get back to me before 6:30pm on the 21st October. Im honestly dreading tomorrow so much. Ugh 😫

hi i use tena men no 2 and i found that if you get in touch with customer services and if you ask for a sample it never arrives i have been usuing tena men for just over 8 months they are good but there is better out there i found that they keep the fluid in them and it makes you sore so i only try to use them if i have to there has to be better out there somewhere i suppose its just trial and error .regards all

Please try to give yourself a positive self talk. They are not likely to get excited about your problem. Maybe recommend a urine test for diabetes or at worst a blood test. Many people are having this problem for no big 4eason.
I read yesterday that the Palace guards in red coats and bearskin hats do not get toilet breaks and so if they have to pee the thick black wool pants are supposed to hide it (although they do get breaks so I dont know this is an issue maybe just said to highlight the severe limits of the guard)

CONGRATULATIONS on taking the first step and scheduling your appointment! I’m proud of you! I definitely remember my first appointment. I was nervous but the doctor was not at all shocked by anything I said; they’re totally used to incontinence sufferers. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Thanks for the update!

Hi @Exhausted, it's great you took that first step and made an online appointment. I know how hard doing that can be but there are times when you've just got to go ahead and take the plunge! We've all been through that here. It is a relief having taken that, isn't it? But please don't dread that appointment. The doctors and nurses etc., talk with people each and every day who have much worse issues than what you have. They have heard it all before! I know how you're not looking forward to it. That's because you haven't done anything like this before and have no idea what to expect. But guess what? The anticipation of something like that is so much worse than the reality. I've been known to say to myself on quite a few occasions, "Now that wasn't so bad! Not nearly as bad as I thought it would be!"
I know how it is when your hands shake so much you can't type! Y'know, I can't type anyway, shaky hands or no shaky hands! :D
But I completely understand what you're feeling.
As Maymay suggested, they may need to do a blood and urine test on you but to them, it's just another day at the office. So please don't feel that you are singled out for anything.
As for your Tena samples, can you order samples from other companies? They may be a bit faster and may even send you something even better than the Tena!
I hope that helps and wish you luck tomorrow. I think you'll do just fine! :D

Unfortunately they got back to me today. I know I should be happy but I’m just so sad that I’ll have to go in face to face. I’ve been dreading going in and I just don’t want to go. I’m sort of regretting it in a way. They said I’ll have to go in to do a urine sample and some blood tests. I feel like I’m living my worst nightmare. I’m getting second thoughts about this. I’d rather live like this rather than go in for these tests.

Exhausted, I’m really glad to hear you’ve taken the first steps in taking control back in your life! This problem can really mess with your head if you let it. When this happened to me 25 + years ago I was a mess because not only did I not know what I was doing, my medical team didn’t seem to know what they were doing either!Talk about adding fear to fear, but the good news is it only took 1 good doctor to take control and begin to help me. I’m still bladder incontinent 24/7, but I deal with it in a healthy manner.
I know it feels like your body is betraying you, but the reality is it’s just one part of many that make you who you are! If your car leaks water, no problem take it to a mechanic. If your pipes in your house leak you call a plumber. If your body pipes leak you call a doctor! The reason I put it this way is it is so much more common today, and to do nothing in any of these examples will lead to bigger problems. In this case it’ll just drive you nuts! Best of luck, we’ll be waiting to hear your outcome!

Frankly, that’s ridiculous. You could have cancer or a life/threatening illness like MS. Peeing in a cup in a private bathroom - alone - is nothing, and having your arm pricked with a needle to provide a blood sample is nothing. What you’re going through on a nightly basis is WAY. WORSE. You need to go to the doctor.

Hi @Exhausted, You've already taken that first step and that's good! But having taken that step won't do you much good if you don't follow through! Deep down, I know that you really want to try to get to the bottom of your nightly problem which is why you called there in the first place.
So, please, please, please don't feel embarrassed or afraid to go to the clinic. They see people there every day with things that are a lot worse and more embarrassing than what you have. And when you get there, if you're still feeling anxious, then say something about it to the nurse or whoever greets you. It's okay to let them know how you are feeling. They will help put you at ease and can guide you through your visit.
As I said yesterday, the anticipation of something is always much worse than the actual event.
By having this problem checked out now, it's better than waiting until it becomes such a big issue that it only becomes much harder to deal with.
So, the time to work on this is now, so just hold your head up high and walk in there with the determination that you're going to find out what's going on and what can be done about it. You have control of that.
And I'm going to repeat something else I said yesterday. Please follow through and I think you'll do just fine! Please go in with that thought first and foremost!

Thank you guys so much for the constant support. I’ve honestly not stopped crying since I read the email. It’s not out of sadness, more of fear and embarrassment I guess. I’m so exhausted I’m going to sleep now. I’ve decided I’ll call them tomorrow and collect the pots, and make the appointment. Then when I come in for the appointment(s) - not sure how many, I’ll give the pot and just be done with it. And snow, I am not scared of getting a blood test or peeing in a pot. I just don’t want to see them. If there was a way of hiding this from everyone except my main doctor I wouldn’t even care. It’s that I don’t want anyone to have access - it would make everything so much easier if I knew who knows this about me. I know there’s nothing I can do except make the appointment tomorrow.
Also, I can’t believe what I’ve done since my first post, I’ve made an appointment, been ordering different samples of diapers to try, will be getting a urine test and blood tests and hopefully finding a reason soon. This is amazing and all the credit goes to all the lovely people on this forum. Thank you all so so much ❤️

hi i can sympathise with you i was afraid to go to the docs for fear of not knowing whats happening but my partner booked an appointment and so i went and when i found out i was mortified i was then in the system and so got in at addenbrookes virtually straight away had my probing exam (not good but as they say bear with it )after that it was all downhill so to speak i went under the knife by the da vinci method which was very quick and i must say with the drugs painless but when i was told they had got it all i just broke down but grateful and just have the incontinence to put up with which i must say is embarassing enough but hey im getting om with that just trying different things to find the best for my needs i have hd some kind words on his site which i am grateful for relly bucks you up
all i can say is like you
THANK YOU GUYS ITS A PLEASURE TO KNOW SOMEONE CAN HELP

Exhausted, I totally understand what you are feeling and I dont discount for a minute the courage to do just one small thing at a time, even make a phone call.
We are sll built with different personalities and response to life difficulties is a highly individual thing.
You keep edging forward at your own speed. We are patient listeners.

Hi @Exhausted, you know we will help you in any way we can. We aren't going away anywhere any time soon! We are here for you! I can understand how you're feeling especially if you haven't met the people there yet. And you know what, everybody has urine and blood and they do the same thing for everyone, no exception! we all have to give up some of it at some time or another to get tested. It happens every day, gazillions of times, to thousands of people. And please know the nurses and technicians you will encounter respect your privacy and really do much to safeguard it. And they aren't going to make you do anything embarrassing, and certainly not out in the open! If you feel even the slightest discomfort, please say something to whoever is there and they will do what they can to reassure you and make it more pleasant for you.
You have made progress thus far and that's great! But please know this. The first time is always hard, but things get easier the more you do it. We don't necessarily like having to do this but we get used to it.
And when you go for the appointment, maybe you can pretend that all of us are there with you, cheering you on and encouraging you. So, let's get 'er done! :D