Update!

@Jaytee this helps so much! I'm thinking of getting a new mattress because unfortunately this bed is nearing it's end. I just had a wet day last night. They sell the pads you're talking about at Walmart so I'm gonna get that and the towel @Padded53 talked about. I'm gonna be proactive!!😁

23andpee:
Glad to hear that you're going to try cotton pad (folded WalMart Mainstays Flour Sack Towels) idea. It may take a bit of trail and error to get the size and position of the pads just right but you'll figure that out quickly I'm sure. Please let us all know your experience with the pads.

23and pee they sell quite good bed in a box on line varying in price but far less expensive than the store ones.
I suggest getting the memory foam slabs at walmart to adjust the level of softness. They can be cut up and discarded if they get wetted over time

Hi @23andpee, It's great to hear you are being proactive! Getting a new mattress I think you'll sleep much better and be more comfortable.:) And by going to Wal-Mart and getting those towels and pads I think you'll find it good protection and economical as well! Have fun shopping at Wal-Mart, and do keep your distance!!!:D

@snow You re very welcomed. I hope it works out for you.

@23andpee Smart move. It is better to take a proactive approach than to not and then be frustrated with the results. When I was younger I sometimes wasn't as proactive about protecting my bed and it suffered for it. I have an embarrassing at the time but funny now looking back story about it that I might tell in a new post. But yes taking the little extra effort will pay off big in the long run.

JT, I'll be looking forward to reading your "now looking back" story in a new post! I always agree that a little extra effort does pay off big in the long run.;)

@billliveshere and @23andpee

Well the story is now posted in a new post. Let's be embarrassed then have a laugh over it.