Undiagnosed

Archives1

Staff member
Anyone else have trouble getting diagnosed?

They gave me the diagnosis of neurogenic bladder for no other reason than they cannot find what .y pro lems is. There are no other health related problems. Ive never experienced any serious physical trauma that might cause this issue.

Ive struggled with bedwetting and occasional daytime accidents literally my whole life but as an adult (30 yo) i wet the bed maybe 6 times a week and have flooding accidents near daily

I did have a bladder surgery when I was young, and experienced some bedwetting, otherwise healthy. I was diagnosed with neurogenic bladder in my mid 20’s.

@Brady0421 I've had loads of tests that have diagnosed over active bladder. I guess that this is the opposite of neurogenic bladder? Doctors seem to give these labels without much explanation, they just say that it can't be cured, just managed. I think that my problems are surgery related, but the doctors are not going to agree with this? I think that all you can do is to keep asking questions? Phil

I feel like Neurogenic Bladder is the go to if they don’t know. My first Urologist said BPH and recommended surgery. I got a second and third opinion including two Urodynamic tests and now they are sending me to a Neurologist. So far no treatments or recommendations which is frustrating as I’ve been at this for 6 months now.

There are many medications out there to help manage bladder issues. Some are expensive and/or not covered by insurance. You need to try and find which one works best for you. Only problem is, if you stop taking the medication, the bladder issue will probably return. Another way to manage is to wear some sort of protection,ie, diapers and plastic pants as needed. Hope this helps.