Traveling!

Archives1

Staff member
So the time has come for me to travel. I’ll be flying out of DCA to Denver tomorrow. I’m going to wear a black MegaMax and hope for the best. I’ll also try not to drink a lot of coffee 😬

I will be getting a pat down as I’ll be in my wheelchair. Wish me luck.

Hi EJ, Have a wonderful and safe trip!! And it would be a great idea to limit your coffee intake!!!! But most of all enjoy your time in a different place!!!

If you have to travel much, I think having a TSA known flyer number is helpful. And there is a card available that you can print out and carry with you that informs the TSA security people that you might need special assistance re: scans and pat-downs as you wear a brief. Check other threads about this.

there is the Incontinence Access / Info Card

Etowah said:
If you have to travel much, I think having a TSA known flyer number is helpful. And there is a card available that you can print out and carry with you that informs the TSA security people that you might need special assistance re: scans and pat-downs as you wear a brief. Check other threads about this.
6a76bce3e3720d2401b720bc4da7a2c1.png
38e2b2528e49090c97ed29714bfa6efd.png

I think that bathroom access card and the info about your desired absorbent products (plus the fact you prefer NOT to be catheterized) is a great idea!!! Lord knows I do not want to be catheterized!!! But when you wake up from surgery and find one in you, it's too late!! Although it costs under $5, it's an investment that will pay for itself many times over in what would otherwise be very anxious situations!!!!
These cards should be very easy to get and everyone should avail themselves of one!!!😊

I did spend the $5.00 I believe I had ordered some plastic pants to help with shipping ad I keep the card in my wallet

billliveshere said:
I think that bathroom access card and the info about your desired absorbent products (plus the fact you prefer NOT to be catheterized) is a great idea!!! Lord knows I do not want to be catheterized!!! But when you wake up from surgery and find one in you, it's too late!! Although it costs under $5, it's an investment that will pay for itself many times over in what would otherwise be very anxious situations!!!!
These cards should be very easy to get and everyone should avail themselves of one!!!😊

Hey all! Things are going well. I’m currently up in the mountains of Colorado. We are at my parents cabin for the night. TSA on the way out was no problem. I got the lovey pat down from a nice looking gentleman. Haha. The MegaMax was discreet enough to not trigger any response. Although I’m positive he felt it when feeling my waistband. He was professional and didn’t say a word. I think it helps I’m in a wheelchair. Things with my family are going well. Haven’t had any leaks or anything. All going well.