Travel for people with disability

Archives1

Staff member
AccessibleGO.com

Just happened on a fb post for a group seemingly endorsed by nonprofit groups that can steer travelers with disabilities to places and services which accommodate mobility impaired travelers.
I have not researched this but look into it if inclined

Thanks! Seems like a great site; we could definitely use something like that in the UK.

Hoping to travel properly again one day.

@Maymay941 Seems to mainly be for the US but it's a great idea so hopefully it'll cause more people to follow elsewhere. The main issue in the UK is more the getting to and from places than issues with accommodation though.

Sci fi fan keep up your exercises and be a flea in the ear of that charity to get your wheels!! You are getting better!

@Maymay941 Yeah, I've chased it up. On the one hand I'm getting it for free so I can't really complain too much. On the other hand however I need a time frame to know what to do about transport for medical appointments. In terms of travel, I've found out about a company who do conventions in hotels so I've booked to go to a couple as having accommodation in the same place as the event greatly reduces the stress! Going to one focused on the TV show Supernatural in September/October and have just booked to go to one next May focused on the DC Comics TV shows.