This could get embarrassing.

Archives1

Staff member
Well surgery is Wednesday and I have family in town on vacation that will also be coming to the hospital for my surgery. Recovery in the hospital is 5-7 or more days depending on how much of my colon that they take out. Thing is I will not be able to get out of bed by myself this time and I bed wet every night. On top of that I normally only get a few minutes before I can’t hold it during the day right now. Nothing like having ten people coming to the hospital and half of them don’t know I have these issues.

Well, my Dr.'s normally insert a Foley catheter, that takes care of things. And I don't care anymore who sees what, well not exactly, but close. But, yes like others have said, # 1 is you, please care for yourself. Please let us know how things went.

You need to only make sure your taking care of you and let everyone else work through what they learn about you!! It’s not your job to educate them about your condition or make sure they understand, you have enough on your plate while trying to heal!! Family and friends are there for support and love and if they can’t do that there not worth keeping around. I hope it all goes great and be kind to yourself and don’t let others get in the way of you healing!!

I’d MUCH prefer a catheter in this situation, over having to have the bed changed every time I wet. And people are used to seeing a bag hanging in the bed. But do what’s right for you! Good luck with your surgery and recovery!

After this type of surgery you could have a catheter anyway. I hope it all goes well for you, cheers, Phil

Tell your concerns to the medical people, and like others have said you will probably have a cath anyway.

Good luck with your procedure.

Remember I said that this could get embarrassing... Well one of my nurses was friends with my younger brother. In fact, my brother was her sons day care teacher for four years. And that Nurse was the one that took my catheter out on day two helped me out when the tech came in on the last day and was going to get me cleaned up after finding me in a wet diaper and thinking i was sill bed bound.

It is good to hear that you are going home. Take it easy for a while as it sounds like major surgery you have been through, cheers Phil