The USA is extremely backwards and behind on dealing with incontinence.

I can't believe in a country so well advanced as the U.S. there isn't a continence service available to everyone whether they have to pay for it or get help through private insurance.
Our isn't perfect but I have nothing but praise for the nurses that I see who have to deal with this embarrasing problem.

I developed incontinence after the birth of 6th child-was told to urinate more often and do kegels. I finally did a research study for ditropan and that helped for a few years but caused terrible dry mouth. No doctor really helped.Other issues are researched until cures are found. Incontinence is not a priority. I have recently found that my depression meds can cause bladder and kidney problems which I have. My doctors know what I am prescribed but don't take my concerns as being valid.There must be a procedure to cure or elevate this condition. I saw a pamphlet about a treatment for sexual pleasure and incontinence called the O shot. Blood is taken from patient and platelets shot into the clitoris-can stop incontinence - in some-immediately. It was probably developed for the sexual pleasure and the help for our problems was a side perk. I guess we that have incontinence don't demand help because it is embarrassing. Those who push their agendas reap the benefits. We need a leader!

In the US Dr's don't do much in the way of the contingence counseling, etc, because it's not seen as medical. It's a way of coping with a symptom, not treating a condition. It's not a medical intervention.

That said, it's absolutely necessary, so they need to dispense with the pedantry and figure out how to best serve the patient.

Pilgrammy said:
I developed incontinence after the birth of 6th child-was told to urinate more often and do kegels. I finally did a research study for ditropan and that helped for a few years but caused terrible dry mouth. No doctor really helped.Other issues are researched until cures are found. Incontinence is not a priority. I have recently found that my depression meds can cause bladder and kidney problems which I have. My doctors know what I am prescribed but don't take my concerns as being valid.There must be a procedure to cure or alleviate this condition. I saw a pamphlet about a treatment for sexual pleasure and incontinence called the O shot. Blood is taken from patient and platelets shot into the clitoris-can stop incontinence - in some-immediately. It was probably developed for the sexual pleasure and the help for our problems was a side perk. I guess we that have incontinence don't demand help because it is embarrassing. Those who push their agendas reap the benefits. We need a leader!