The tip (meatus) was clogged today

Archives1

Staff member
Today I went to the ER unable to urinate. The ER doc found I was plugged at the tip (meatus). He tried to put a catheter in, and it would not go. He then put a long (18") thin plastic thing called a Red Rubber Catheter. It got past the blockage and I peed all over the place. Once the clog was opened he put in a small regular catheter. My bladder typically holds 300mm. Once he put the regular catheter in I released 600mm! Would anyone who has had this happen, please share any info that will be helpful as I move forward.
Thank you.

How do you get plugged up at the tip??? I understand how an enlarged prostate can cause urination problems, but that's at the "other end of the hose"... Do you have scar-tissue there? I guess if a bee stung you there, things might swell up a bit... 😣

Not sure how or why, MikeD9876, (definitely no bee sting:)) but earlier in the day before going to the ER, I couldn't pee. I looked at the end and there was what I'll call a super tiny amount of pus. When the ER doc could not put the first catheter in, he then saw it as the blockage. After he put the thin rubber catheter past the block I peed like the proverbial racehorse. I hope to see my urologist today for a diagnosis.

That sounds like a symptom of gonorrhoeae:

As it progresses, other symptoms may include:

* greater frequency or urgency of urination
* a pus-like discharge (or drip) from the penis (white, yellow, beige, or greenish)
* swelling or redness at the opening of the penis
* swelling or pain in the testicles
* a persistent sore throat

MezaJarJarBinks, that is what a lot of the research my wife and I have done. She and I agree, I've done nothing in 53 years of companionship that would allow me to get any STD.

On March 4, I did have green light laser surgery that removed 65% of my prostate though.

I see my urologist tomorrow and will report back what I learn.