The embarrassing subject “hair below”

Archives1

Staff member
Hello friends. Just curious if anyone else deals with diapers getting to warm. And does anyone else find trimming below helps reduce that issue. I just started so I am hopeful. I know it a personal subject. Hope no one is offended. But I can’t be the only one lol.

Hugs, Mary Lou

For sure! Keeps the smell under control, helps with easier clean up between changes, and feels a bit breezier.

I have acrualy atarted lasser hair removal down there. Smell has gotten better, and heat does not bother as much

Hair down there is like a sponge if you have an accident in your diaper or pull up - it absorbs the smell away from the diaper - with being clean your diaper can pretty much soak the wetness away from your skin - not an embarrassing question - it is what it is as we deal with our issues - so yes I’m bald down there and hopefully no one can smell pee when I have an accident - just my 2 cents

Chad

As for me I just 🚿 shower more in warmer months. It helps two ways, keeps you cool and clean. May I ask a what kinda diaper you wear??? Certain diaper work better than others.

Mary, no honest question or concern will offend us! We are already dealing with a difficult topic and this is the safe place to do it!

MaryLou there ok i used them at one point. I find that a more absorbent Diapers work well for me. I use north shore maga max Diapers,i don't have much issue with being clean/smell down there. I take alot of showers aday. Your best bet is to change your Diapers as often as possible and use wipes to. No powered at all because You Will Get A RASH!!! You don't want that. Powered will keep moisture against your skin that rash and other issues like severe rash. That can be painful,I don't know to say it. Look up incontinence rash or ask someone in group they might be able help you.

Thanks for all your comments and adult like behavior on such a personal subject. This really is a wonderful group.

Hugs, Mary

hey MaryLou, i have been shaving "down there" for years! way easier clean up and not so much lingering smell. it's easy! i do get a little shy during the urolgist visits, but they have never said a word!!

MaryLou said:
Hello friends. Just curious if anyone else deals with diapers getting to warm. And does anyone else find trimming below helps reduce that issue. I just started so I am hopeful. I know it a personal subject. Hope no one is offended. But I can’t be the only one lol.

Hugs, Mary Lou
Many shave below to help with cleaning and smell, it's up to you on what you think...

I have a dedicated set of hair clippers that I use to keep my hair around 0.5mm. Any lower and I’ll get ingrown hairs. I don’t think that I have a problem with odour.

I've often wondered if shaving would make it easier to stay clean and improve skin health. But each time I considered it I was discouraged by the thought of skin burn from using a razor. I get a bit of this when shaving my face and my skin "down there" is way more sensitive than my chin.
I know these questions sound dumb, but:
1. Do you actually shave i.e. remove hair with a razor, or just trim with scissors?
2. If you use a razor, is it a blade or electric?
3. Do you dry-shave or use foam?
4. How do you avoid leaking when you are shaving? This is a problem for me - I often wet the floor/towel/clothes when I'm doing personal care and before I can get a pad on.

So for me Phil I just started. I don’t like using a razor because it can get prickly. I use electric clippers and have trimmed it down low as I can but left enough that it is not irritating. And I have enough control that I won’t leak during process but I often trim up while in tub/shower. If I could get rid of all the hair there I would lol. But it must serve a purpose.

Hugs, Mary Lou

I shave about once a week. Like others have said, it helps prevent odors - before I started shaving, I would fairly regularly get a whiff of urine smell after I'd cleaned up from an accident, but that's much less of a problem now.

I use a razor in the shower, which seems to be the easiest for me. That eliminates any problems with leaks while shaving. I put a bit of soap on the area and shave while I face away from the shower head, then when I'm done I can just turn around and wash off any soap residue.

I also use a little bit of underarm deodorant in areas where my skin folds to help ward off the "sweaty body" smell that I can get when it's hot. It's lightly scented but not overpowering, and seems to help a lot. I don't know if anybody else does this - it feels a little strange to be putting deodorant on "down there," but it sure helps me!

I used to be shy about doctor visits after shaving, but I've gotten over that. I've never had a comment on it from a doctor, and I suspect they see lots of people who shave anyway.

Thanks for responding @MaryLou and @ltapilot this is good information.
I should have thought of shaving in the shower long ago, but I've only ever owned an electric razor so that light bulb has only just come on.

As several others have also said, I find that trimming down there to be very helpful. Helps with odor and also just makes cleanup a bit easier too