Testing new diaper brand.

Archives1

Staff member
I just purchased a new brand of diapers and will be doing various tests starting today and will post performance results.

Its a new product, it has hook and loop fastening, they are all white with a wetness indicator running the entire length of the diaper with xp 5000 written in blue ink. The plastic backing is heavy duty and will not stretch a whole lot.

I heard of them xp medical ,read the reviews and check them out on you tube it should have more info.

For those who don’t know, “hook snd loop fastening” = that ever-marvelous invention from NASA: Velcro.

I got some of the first that came out in XL as they had a couple of issues in XL and sold them cheap.
Once they fix the issues and get XL in stock I will be using them again.

The results are in after a full day's use.
1. Hour one through three, diaper was partially wet, no feeling of discomfort or wetness.
2.Hour three through six, went out for a while walking, diaper was more than half wet, barely felt wetness, diaper did not bunch up or stretch at all. It was still comfortable to wear.
3. Hour six through eight,I did a press out test sitting on a chair with towel and almost no leakage was visible on towel, only a few drops came out. The diaper was about 3/4 wet, had a bowel flare up,It was probably a tea that I drank in the morning. It contained fortunately.
4.the only observations I made were that they could use more sap absorbent in the front and the rear cut or leg gathers dont seal tightly some bowel leaked out, I was mad but other than that, that's a full day's test of the xp 5000 medium.
5. I also did a night test and they work well IF you sleep mostly on your back. If you are a side sleeper the absorbent material if partially wet will have a hard time absorbing sudden gushes of urine and will leak by the tabs onto bed as I found out last night.😡

Thanks for the information, always looking for products that could make managing my incontinence easier. Have looked at XP Medical before but had issues ordering and their prices seemed high and also have had really good customer service and success with products from Northshore.

Overall, I would recommend the beyond dry 5000 more for urinary than fecal incontinence. The best ones for bowel incontinence that I have tried are Rearz inspire incontrol all white, BetterDry, confi dry 24/7 and Abena abriform m4. These have not leaked on me during my bowel flare ups.

@greengold4 You're welcome greengold4. I hope this info helps in someway to make life easier for a lot of us that have to wear diapers.

Yeah, I've never tried Rearz but BetterDry and ConfiDry are both solid for urinary but both I didn't find the most comfortable or became hard to acquire. Abena's are comfortable dry but tend to clump badly. I've had a lot of success with Northshore MegaMax for my heavy urinary incontinence.

@greengold4 true the betterdrys are bulky, I use them everyday 24/7, at work and home for 12 hours at a time,and help me get through without any leaks. I used to use the thinner abena m4's but after about six hours of use they would leak when I had a chance to sit down and thus had to opt for the thicker ones.
I usually wear a snug fitting undergarment with a one piece incontinence onesy and provides a lot of support and compresses the bulkiness of the diaper.

Yeah the MegaMax can last me 12+ hours which is really helpful since I don't want to have to be changing at work. I use GaryWear over the diaper in case of leaks, I usually wear boxer briefs over the diaper but recently have been finding that not wearing something as form fitting seems to be lessening leaks by letting the brief sag a little although I'm not sure if it is the best for discretion which isn't ideal

Im going to try the Megamax on my next order, I keep getting good reviews on them. Yes if you have too much pressure they can leak. Just have to have enough support to keep it from deforming,