Take a ticket at the waterproof matress department

Archives1

Staff member
I went to walmart this morning to buy a new matress protector. I generally order from Amazon. There was a woman in her 40s cruising the aisle of mattress protectors so intently that I had to finally press forward to get to the product. Had my choice of plastic, nylon or a new cloth top cooling one! (Summer in North Carolina). When i turned to leave there was. A couple waiting for me to leave so they could shop up close and personal!! I think might have been a viet vet and wife by age and appearance.
I said theres a great selection here!! And moved on suddenly aware im totally unembarrassed and feeling good that i am not alone on needing bed protection. Thanks to you all, im free of anxiety.

I guess i should say i never expected a crowd at the matress protector aisle on a Tuesday morning (slowest day in retail if you have shop for ANYTHING), i had expected it would be empty of customers then and i could shop "unobserved".

Society's demographics are aging, the baby boomers are getting old, and peeing themselves more as a consequence. There other reasons than incontinence for mattress protectors. I know I always got the wet spot...

I get a kick out of when I’m picking up a pack of something or other in the adult diaper and incontinence section and someone asks me which one I wear...I’ve had two great conversations with people who had recently started having trouble with their waterworks because they asked which product I used. Walmart is its own unique place for sure.

I sleep on a hospital bed so the mattress itself is waterproof but I still use a mattress protector and underpads

It does help to find friendly people when your already filled with anxiety trying to find a product for obvious reasons!! I haven’t shopped at a store in years for my supplies, good or bad it’s been good for me!! Although face to face interactions are sometimes worth more than one could imagine!!

yes it helps to find friendly supportive people with tough topics like incontinence

Petejc said:
It does help to find friendly people when your already filled with anxiety trying to find a product for obvious reasons!! I haven’t shopped at a store in years for my supplies, good or bad it’s been good for me!! Although face to face interactions are sometimes worth more than one could imagine!!

Petejc said:
haven’t shopped at a store in years for my supplies, good or bad it’s been good for me!!
I dislike most in person shopping, grocery shopping is an exception. I am an Amazon baby, I love getting stuff without enduring some of the unpleasantries of brick and mortar shopping. I want to pick out my own food though, especially produce.

Ok, this is quite a distant excursion from mattress protectors, so my apologies.

I also see no point to haunt the hallowed halls of Walmart except when i realized in going in a vacation tomorrow and i want to bring mattress protector and pads i can use and discard.
The last thing i expected was to have to wait in line toreach the shelving because others wanted to pursue at leisure! I expected the area to be devoid of shoppers

I think you will find lots of people buy mattress protectors for reasons other than incontinence. I know lots of people buy the plastic ones and put them over the disgusting hotel mattresses before they will sleep on them.

We have them on all of our beds. We have kids and pets and you never know what might get spilled or , eh, whatever.

Yes I’m guessing most people buy them because you just never know and it’s very inexpensive insurance on a very expensive purchase!! It’s insane what mattresses cost nowadays!!

@Maymay941 I got a shock when I bought a new mattress recently. I asked for the price without the bed! The salesman almost fell about laughing when he pointed out that the price was just for the mattress and that delivery was extra. Have a good weekend everyone, Phil

Being unable to process WHY the cost of things i did research on line and ened up returning my unopened matress protector and pads bought for my vacation.
I bought an allswell 3 inch memory foam topper which got excellent on line reviews.
Im sorry but a cheese cake, 3 birthday card 4 bottles of soda and a $25 gift card set me back for the same price yesterday.
Online or in store (i rolled around on a bunch of multinthousand dollar beds a couple days ago) there is a LIMIT to what i can take from these expenses. Id rsther celebrate a loved ones birthday and pray the topper works.