Supplements

Archives1

Staff member
Hello all, been seeing a few post regarding supplements? Any one know of a supplement to take post prostate surgery that can aid in incontinence recovery? As always thank you for your feedback and all the best to you.

I would as well. However, do what your doctor recommends and you should see improvement. It does take time. We all want to be like before but that takes a while for most. Hang in there.

The wife takes a ton of supplements, but I'll ask if any are for incontinence. I think all the OTCs are at Doctors orders or suggestion.
Asked: Oxybutin (spelling?). She thinks it doesn't work. Has no idea if it does keep things from getting worse.
If she has "side effects', she is unaware of them.
If it reacts to other "drugs" or supplements, she doesn't know or it isn't enough to notice/tell-or-ask the doctor.
Like me, she has enough wrong that it can be hard to pin down what works, what doesn't, or which condition/medication are causing issues. Is one side effect causing fatigue? Or affect memory?
Boy, does Oxybutin have a bad reputation here. Some, a few, report it helps.
I have never checked Face Book or even Google, and never will, because you mostly get fiction or sneaky advertisements. I bet if you Googled, you would literally get a million and half answers, and only the first five pages would be relevant. How do you tell what is accurate? You don't/can't.
"Google Science" (it only leads you to the scientific studies), makes me think there isn't enough studies and/or the medical profession either doesn't know or the studies are crap. You often have to pay to read the whole study, but can read the "Abstracts". Then you can decide if you want to pay. Lots of times, the cost is piracy.) Lots of us think it isn't profitable enough, and some medical schools now don't teach it or make it Optional.
The government's "PubMed" site is free, and if the study has government money in it, by law they must give it to PubMed after a year has passed. The "cost sites" often tell you if it is on PubMed. Most people don't know all this. If the study's Abstract is incomprehensable even if in English, I don't read it. There can be peer review which can be very revealing. They are listed in the right-hand column and you can click on them.
Good luck.
Most of what you find on here is excellent, if you can find it. We suspect a lot of people who beat incontinece don't come back here to report, but some do. If you beat it, please come back and tell us.
Good luck, and you are at the right place.
God Bless.

I've been seeing an Acupuncturist. He has given me 2 different Chinese herbs to take. I'm very pleased with progress I've made since August. Vit C and D are also good...in general for overall good health. Good luck.

Thank for the share, I tried acupuncture when I had shoulder surgery and it seem to work something for me to consider

One is a custom blend. I don't have a name. It's for general health and wellness. The other is "Ling Zi", for rising PSA. Hope that helps.