Super Undies

Archives1

Staff member
I sue disposables which work out fine but lately I've seen ads for Super Undies which are reusable underwear and according to the company are really absorbent. I'd like to try to alternate between disposables and reusables. Is anyone familiar with Super Undies and are they worth the cost? Thanks for your help.

I have found they weep on the sides. If you do not have plastic/peva/PUL pants over them, they are not leak proof. However they are comfortable and work well with a protective layer if done right.

I use these from Amazon: "2-Pack Men’s Incontinence Underwear Cotton Regular Absorbency Reusable Washable Urinary Incontinence Briefs for Prostate Surgical, Elder, Long Driving." A 2-pack is $29.65. They're said to hold up to 6.8 oz. -- my leakage is much less, so I can't confirm that capacity. But they work well for me.

Thanks for the info everyone, I’ve been seeing the super undies pop up recently too. Wish they were a little less money but I understand they are trying to make a profit.

Super Undies has 3 products for adults. The protective briefs are the most absorbent if you add the booster to the layer. The day time undies are least absorbant, but side panels are stretchy and breathable (very comfortable). The night time undies are thick, but no side gussets and are all flannel so they can be warm in the summer. The rise is smaller than most disposables so you may want to consider a size up from normal.
They are about 2-3x more absorbent than depend underwear, but tend to leak at the legs so a cover would be necessary. They also are not the best at keeping skin dry. Hope this helps!

Thanks to everyone for the info. It seems the biggest drawback is they can leak around the legs but I do have PUL briefs if needed. And the price is also something else to consider unless I can get them on sale. Once again thank you for the feedback.

washable diapers seem just insanely impractical for adults. Rather than change and toss, you will have to lug heavy wet used smelly diapers around with you all day. I don't get the appeal, other than maybe for bedwettting. And at $65 each, that's insane (to me).

you make some good points especially the $65.00 each

MikeJames said:
washable diapers seem just insanely impractical for adults. Rather than change and toss, you will have to lug heavy wet used smelly diapers around with you all day. I don't get the appeal, other than maybe for bedwettting. And at $65 each, that's insane (to me).

they are a reusable clot training pant, bedwetters pant, adult diaper for kids up to adult sizes
the adult overnight pant is about $65.00 plus shipping

010747876d1b635cc389c23c7b17250d.jpg

Whether they are practical depends on your type of incontinence. For some, such as a prostate cancer survivor like me whose urine leakage is relatively small, they work very well. For others, they're no good. But for those who can use them, they're cheaper in the long run (as I mentioned above, I pay less than $15 each for them) and they allow you to avoid putting more stuff in the landfill. I find that they're also more comfortable than paper pull-ups and diapers.

MikeJames said:

daruma said:
Whether they are practical depends on your type of incontinence. For some, such as a prostate cancer survivor like me whose urine leakage is relatively small, they work very well. For others, they're no good. But for those who can use them, they're cheaper in the long run (as I mentioned above, I pay less than $15 each for them) and they allow you to avoid putting more stuff in the landfill. I find that they're also more comfortable than paper pull-ups and diapers.

certainly...different needs require different products. But even with prostate style leakage, these things seem like overkill to me....look quite bulky given most people with that kind of IC often get by on guards and lite pullups....but yeah at $15 vs $65 I can see the appeal. I think they become impractical when your IC level is such that you need to change away from home....and in that case I think anything but a tape on diaper is really inconvenient. At the end of the day though whatever works for the person wearing it is all that matters.