Suggestions for cloth diapers.

Archives1

Staff member
As title says im looking for suggestions on good cloth diapers. I would prefer the all in one cloth diapers, but will do the classic pin on with pullon pants if i have to. Definitely dont want to go with the pocket cloth diapers.

I have gotten my pull-on, cloth overnight diapers from fetware.com.,unfortunately they aren't available now due to the coronavirus. I don't know when they will be back in stock. It would be best to contact them directly to get the right information. They have great prices and superior customer service. Look them up on their website.

I use cloth diapers and plastic pants everynight for my bedwetting, and I've tried a few different brands. You can get good cloth diapers from AdultClothDiaper.com, Rearz.ca (A Canadian company) and Changing Times Diaper Company. I've used diapers from all 3 companies, however Rearz diapers work best for me. My plastic pants I get from Kins.com. I have photos in my profile, if you want to see how the diapers fit.

I've tried all-in-one diapers before, but the outer plastic covering failed way before the cloth diaper part wore out, so I still had to wear plastic pants with them.

I have found the plastic outer tends to crack and die with all in ones when machine washing so would recommend separate plastic pants. I bought mine from Angelfluff diaper company some 20 years ago and they are still good to use today even though I can't get in them anymore from putting weight on!

The only thing I have to add is the selection of fabric. Birdseye is popular but I prefer gauze. It’s more comfortable than Birdseye, even when wet. It’s a bit less absorbent so you’ll have to make it thicker. Also note that cloth diapers are usually worn in multiples. I normally wear at least 2 cloth diapers at a time - but normally 3 and if I’ve been drinking, 4 to get through the night. By wearing more fabric than you need, you mostly eliminate the chance of leaks. Plus the fabric wicks and you’ll never feel soaked.

The overnight cloth pull-on diaper from fetware.com are thick enough to hold enough pee for me. I don't know the capacity of these. You will need to contact them for that information. All I know I have very few leaks, if any. A few years ago, I was wearing two at a time, which was an overkill. Now I am down to one, which is sufficient 99% of the time.

I wore pin on diapers years ago. Always washed them pins and all. Didn't want to fuss re-pinning for every use. Regular baby diaper pins, never rusted. Came open often during sleep and stabbed me. Diapers lasted for many years, but are no longer available. Manufacturer discontinued them. They were very absorbent, almost no leaks. Would have liked it better if they had a pull-on style.

Changing times diaper company, out of LasVegas makes some very good prefold gauze diapers. I use one with three baby diaper prefolds inside to handle all night protection. Plastic pants need to fit snug at waist and legs with all edges tucked in. A plastic mattress cover is essential also for occasional leaks. My diapers are thick but for multiple wetter like myself even those can get drenched.