Stressing myself out

Archives1

Staff member
I seriously go back and forth. There are days I don’t mind wearing diapers to bed and when I’m resting in the evening (potential of falling asleep).

I know I’m blessed and don’t have nearly the issues as other people do. But I have had to many wet nights and wet naps I feel like my body is getting used to wearing a diaper. Is that a thing? Should I be worried?

For those who need a little background. I was assaulted 2 years ago. Started having accidents here and there. Started wearing something to bed, slept way better but more accidents occurred.

Now I can’t even remember the last time I had a dry night.

Just need some reassurance or something. I’ve been able to get good rest and sleep. Just don’t want to harm my body. I have a very hard time sleeping now if I don’t have a diaper on

Wearing a diaper to some people may be some sort of an additional security blanket. It is easier for me to fall asleep wearing a diaper and plastic pants. If I don't, I worry about flooding the sheets. I find nothing wrong to wear diapers anytime. If it makes you comfortable, so be it. Hope I didn't offend anyone

I feel for you. I’ve been a bedwetter since childhood ans through most of my adult life. It was occasional in my youth and early adult but as a child I was kept in nappies until late. As a young man in my 20’s and 30’s I had embarrassing situations which affected relationships until I eventually accepted the need to wear protection. I also went through various tests and tried different medications etc, but to no avail.

In my 40’s I suffered a severe bank injury resulting in surgery and although my back is fixed the night time / nap time wetting got worse and I also have daytime urgency. Bow aged 58 and remarried ru a wonderful and compassionate lady, I have work nappies to bed every night for last 20 years as well as when in situations where I know toilet access is maybe an issue, and on flights or long journeys where there is a risk of falling asleep. I’ve learned to accept it, I am not ashamed or embarrassed by it any more and I’ve seldom had a “giveaway leak” or beeb aware of anyone knowing I am in protective underwear. Be strong, do get checked out medically but know that you’re not alone.

Dk, I had ongoing leaking after an accident 32 years ago. It really got bad about 20 years ago. At that point, I came to the recognition that I could get out of bed at night and leak all the way to the bathroom on the rug,or I could protect the bed and get a better night’s sleep. I chose sleep. It actually worked to my benefit when I got put on a water pill for my heart. People who take the pills complain that they run to the bathroom for about six hours after taking it. I take it at night. I would not make it to the bathroom repeatedly for six hours, so I take it at night and don’t worry about it.

At least in my case, my incontinence has continued to worsen and it’s less stressful to wear a pull up than peeing somewhere humiliating. You have to come up with your comfort level. I still live in terror that my house smells, though.

I'am sorry about the assault there is no excuse for that.My wetting was from being a diabetic wife didn't want wet sheets the diaper sure makes me a lot secure of course never a dry night.Good luck.

I dont know if there are any formal studies if the security of a diaper when one is prone to some level of incontinence but it makes sense that after some great exterior trauma ones mind and body would seek a form of return to a time when one felt safe.

If you had some incontinence due to the physical trauma and also working with the therapist to heal the mind but still experiencing stress from daily life why wouldn't the mind and body crave a safe time?

Is the ability to sleep and this heal from within not a gift worth having?
Perhaps when you are ready you can work on weaning off diapers for periods of time but if you are able to sleep soundly with them it is a good thing I would think.

I also feel I fall asleep deeply because I have found a brand of diapers that are comfortable and contain well (not perfectly leafless but comfortable and safe enough on a pad).
I think in my case it clearly has a psychol component of feeling of security.
Hope this helps.

Please do not apologize! We are here to try to help. Not knowing what you have experienced post-assault, I might be offering unneeded advice, but here goes:

I recently consulted a uro-gynecologist. If there is a female practicing this in your area, I would recommend you consult with her. There might be damage to your nerves or tissue in the perianal area. If there is not, it will help to know that.

If you haven't talked to a counselor about your assault, do. I'm practicing withut a license here, but the diaper/brief might be giving you a sense of personal protection while asleep, too.

But do what you have to do to get a good night's sleep. I absolutely hate wearing one, myself, and totally understand your reluctance to become habituated to one. Be kind to yourself. It's easy to stress out in these situations.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the support. I think those that mentioned it feels like protection. Can totally understand that.

I was just having a down day. It does feel nice being able to sleep though!