Strange stuff that helps my nocturia

Archives1

Staff member
For one thing, reducing sugar intake as in sugar in my cofee, eating sweets seems affect the night flow
ONE mug of coffee in the morning not as many as i like

Last but far from least i put an easy to wash cotton cheap comforter on the a heavy thick over size comforter. The weight feels delicious and luxurious. I wash the under comforter at will but the extra weight of the other means i am not restless snd seem to have unawareness of peeing which wakes me every night or reduces the awareness.
I think the heavy comforter is like someone saying its okay, like a nonjudgemental hug. Like YOU have a right to comfort and good things.

Dang MayMay, you did it again. Good job. We are all different, but i have a similar reaction with coffee - it's a no no after the break of noon, no more than one or two, and recently experimented with sugar, got the same results. But that's us. Lesson: don't be afraid to experiment, i suppose.
I have a herbal tea, no caffeine, that has a milder effect Stashe's "Lemon Ginger". I do love ginger in food, which doesn't affect me like that. Mint teas seem to be "neutral".
Have to stop - the dog is inserting his head under my arm to stop me from typing so i can pay attention to him.
Cheers

Alas more interesting than the coffee or sugar which i think we all are sheepishly aware of is the effect of a big cushy comforter. I am not restles i pee less and feel snug with a king size puffy cotton in my small bed.
The cheap comforter underneath is so i dont leave urine leaks in the big one.

At all effort a cotton type comforter the slippery polyester things are like plastic wrap

Hmmm. Sound familar. Changed my Sleep Number to softer, been doing better at night. Lack of comfort might be another common thread (or just another way to put it)- it is too heavy or too restrictive weight on top of me. Has to do with pain and a couple of medical conditions. If I forget one specific medications for RLS - a "legal" prescription - i have cause to get up and take it, and not forget it. It might help to keep a log, like a dieter's/diabetic log, I suppose.

Nnekapounds1993:
More people go through what you are talking about, and for other "reasons", too, than the deniers admit. You are NOT alone. One of the National Suicide Hotline numbers is 800-272-8255. Usually, there is a local hotline, and/or State Hotline. If you have private health insurance, sometimes they have a free "Nurse Line" who can help or point you in the right direction. I'm not sure about Medicare or Medicaid, but they might at least know the phone numbers. Remember, nurses and doctors take oaths of confidentiality. HotLines don't talk, either.
Local doctors and Nurses can often send you in the right direction for help.

This is another place to learn you are not alone and there are ways to cope.

Stick with us, friend; stick with yourself.