Strange looking diapers

Archives1

Staff member
The company I buy my pads from sells diapers that are pink with unicorns on them. this seems kind of strange. I don't think they are for kids.

NorthShore? There is a group of people called ABDL (adult baby diaper lovers) which this is marketed for. There are a lot of companies selling diapers like that now and it seems that the market is growing at a very fast pace. Some people also get tired of medical looking diapers or all white ones, so they go for ones with colors or designs in them (much like “regular” underwear).

It's a little offensive to me. They should have a separate online store for that stuff. Honestly it feels like being made fun of. I know they are just trying to make money but NorthShore should be for medical supplies.

Coolwinter123 said:
It's a little offensive to me. They should have a separate online store for that stuff. Honestly it feels like being made fun of. I know they are just trying to make money but NorthShore should be for medical supplies.

I see no need to feel offended by it. To each their own. I’m sure the ABDL crowd didn’t choose to have that fetish just as someone didn’t choose to be white or black. It’s just who they are. Personally, the more options there are, the better. I certainly wouldn’t wear them, but others might. I’d assume women may find them to be something enjoyable or different from the normal.

I have to say the ABDL crowd has been the cause in my opinion that there have been major improvements to disposable products. While I am not going to be wearing the printed babyish type diapers they make the same diaper such as Betterdry that I use overnight that are so amazing! The disposable diaper products have come a very long way since aging to use the Depends and Attends that I could not get away with overnight without having also using a pair of overpants.

I agree with Wbwayne11. I'm wouldn't wear babyish printed diapers but they have opened the market to better products. I love the white Betterdry as well, the same company makes a printed version as well and sell under a different name. I no longer have to stuff Depends with pads just to get through the night.

I think we all need to be a little more tolerant of others and there needs. We all have our own issues and like spaz said they didnt choose there fetish and I’m guessing would feel the same about our needs so as long as it’s not hurting anyone than to each there own.

Quite a few stores, both on the street, as well as online are selling AB/DL brands. I see no issue with it, they work amazing to what we had in the 70s and 80's Depends or Attends Ugggggh!!! You were better off wearing nothing at all most times! This group of "users" has demanded a better, more absorbent diaper, and they got it, we have benefited from that with what is on the market today. I wouldn't want to wear a soaked diaper that had a gallon in it, that's for sure, but that is what some of these new ones claim to be capable of! It is a miserable issue to deal with, why not have some fun with it, no different than colored plastic pants, is it?

There are several members that are quite critical of the ABDL crowd. I think they're making a lot of headway to alleviate the stigma against absorbant products. Then again some would say they make it worse. Its all about perspective I guess.

I’ll admit to being a little off put by this stuff. Incontinence has pretty much wrecked my career and social life so I don’t really care for people who want to have fun with that. They can do what they want obviously, and I don’t wish any ill will on anyone, but I’d rather not interact with those who want to have fun with what has been an awful experience for me. Just my opinion, take it or leave it.

I believe everyone can do what they want. I just kind of wish there was a separate store for that kind of stuff. It honestly seems to almost being made fun of for having to use pads. Those are kind of like "pampers" looking.

At NorthShore we don't pass judgment on anyone as to why they purchase diapers. We know most have a real physical and/or psychological need for them and it's "not their fault" they require diapers to live life to the fullest. We have been inundated with requests from so many customers the last two years to add products that don't look so clinical looking and make people feel like a "medical patient". These requests come from men, women, young, old, ABDL, non-ABDL...almost everyone, except some that just prefer white products all the time. Adding fun and fashionable designs to diapers seems to help many people feel more "normal" about living with incontinence. While the existing products on the market tend to be childish prints, we are also launching more adult-looking fashionable products in the near future to further add to the options available to everyone.