Stop the ride. I want off!!!

Archives1

Staff member
As if things were not bad enough. Let's through in yet another monkey wrench. I am surprised that the ride is still going.

So, Acute Diverticulosis may lead back to diverticulitis, Check.

Cronic not totally controlled with medication constipation, Check.

Bowel and bladder incontinence from being constipated so long. Double-check.

NOW it is looking like I have Acute Fatty liver disease.

(Got to wait for confirmation and see if they are going to do another test as he could not say if my bale duck was clogged or not But all things are pointing to Fatty liver so yea.)

Waiter, Check, please... No, I don't have room for dessert.

Operator, Let me off this ride right NOW!!!

20bcd2f7b4f651ccb0cce829ecfd27ad.jpg

ThatFlguy - You still have a great sense of humor after all you've been through and are still facing. That attitude will take you far on this horrific journey.There is a Negro Spiritual song that I used to sing a lot and has these words:"As I walk this tedious journey, I want Jesus to walk with me." It expresses the recognition that this is a chronic journey and it helps to have somebody walking with you who cares about you. I'm no longer a believer that an unseen entity is here or anywhere but just having somebody who you know will commiserate with you and not discount your pain goes a long way. We'e all here for you FlGuy.

Why you? Really bad luck. I am glad that you have your sense of humor and us to support you in your very challenging journey.

The worst part is that Tylenol is all I could, can take for pain so now I cannot take anything for it.

Still have not gotten a follow-up with my GI doctor about this yet so maybe Monday.

I have an appointment in June with GI so.

But yea, more crazy stuff.

MikeD9876 said:
Did they show you a picture of your liver? How do they know it's cute? 🙄

HAHAHA.

I am still waiting to get the full results from a doctor but it will be Monday at this point.

Tomorrow I am going to try to get out of the house for a bit as we have a community car show so I Hope to get some photos. That is if it does not rain.

I'm sorry to hear you've got liver disease to add to your list of problems. I've fought with liver issues for many years (primary scorpions cholangitis in my case), and I can tell you that they're not fun, but you do get used to a lot of the effects. If you have questions about chronic liver disease and it's effects, please feel free to contact me - I've dealt with mine for twenty years, so I have some experience with what it's like, even if my disease is different from yours.

NASH is very common, and has become the leading cause of transplant in the US (used to be Hepatitis C). That said, it's not a guarantee that the course of yours will lead to a transplant - the expected course of your disease if something to discuss with your hepatologist or gastroenterologist.

As for Tylenol, check with your GI. I was surprised when mine told me that Tylenol is the safest thing for me to take, but it turns out that is only harmful to the liver in cases of overdose so I simply have to be careful how much I take. Your GI or gep can tell you what's right for you, but you might be surprised.