So kind

Archives1

Staff member
Today my hubby and I went to the Dollar Tree to pick up some items for our Granddaughter's Sweet Sixteen party. Of course, as my luck would have it, all of a sudden, when I stood up from looking at the bottom shelf items the strongest urge hit me and it started. We were really close to the restroom so we hurried but when my husband got to the little hallway- the sign said,"Restrooms out of order." As we wre walking away I told him I couldn't help but wonder if it was true - where do the employees go? So all I could do was stand by the car door and wait until my body was done. I stood there for awhile because I was afraid if I sat down right away the urine (ALOT) would not have had enough time to soak up all the way. So no leak - I think because I tried my best to slow the force-which at that point is not an easy feat. It seems like once the leaking starts there is no way of slowing it down. Stopping it is in no way possible. Anyway-when we got home my husband said,"you are such an amazing strong women with the way you handle this." This really meant the world to me. Especially lately after COVID-19 due to suddenly having night time incontinence while sleeping and not waking up. There are now many times during the day where I don't even realize I have voided but I suddenly feel warm in my groin area. I have an appointment on Monday with my PCP as my Urologist wants updated images of my spine. So I just wanted to say how kind my husband's words were and even though he doesn't know about the true extent of my recent issues-he knows most. He's had a visual on more times than I can count including today. I'm not sure if he realizes that I wake up soaked now but he does know how in the past - before COVID-19- when I would stand up from bed-everything would just pour out of me. So he knows enough I feel. Hoping for the best to all and thanks for being there.

AlasSouth said:
Marry him again!
pegasi99 said:
Thank u 4 sharing. Your husband sounds wonderful. You are a pillar of strength!

Agreed with both!

Thank you so much for sharing this. With so much stress, anxiety and shame, it is so nice to hear a positive story like this. You have a keeper!

What a wonderful husband you have! I know that makes a huge difference when dealing with this kind of condition. And yes he's right, you ARE a strong woman!!!

@Boopsie61 I *hate* “no restrooms” or “restrooms out of order.” It’s actually against the law for public businesses - I mention that now to staff every time now when I see those lies. The real tooth truth is they’re too cheap to pay somebody to clean them regularly. It’s so infuriating and disrespectful and probably 10 times out of 10, just a blatant lie. The bigger the city, the fewer public restrooms are available. I also hate how when I’m downtown near any kind of homeless population, the bathrooms are always closed as well.