Sling surgery

Archives1

Staff member
I live in central Pa looking for a good surgion for sling sugery. And feed back on those that have had it done.

Was going to post my experience at one year in August but got notification of your post. Get the best sling surgeon possible. Mine is highly recognized in Arizona. First 6 months post rarp 100% incontinent. 6 diapers a day. Kidneys processed straight into diaper. At 2 years I was down to 2 diapers a day and prolly 10 to 20% incontinent. Follow directions to a T. No lifting bending stairs etc for 6 weeks. I waited about 3 months. It's tough. I live alone. But doable. Doc said 6 weeks to heal. Had testicular pain for 9/10 months. Still a bit. Takes a while to get accustomed. Hardest thing was desynchronizing pelvic floor muscles from the one lonely sphincter. Relax the floor muscles and look out below! Gradually improved. Can still leak but rare. Gotta know limitations. Will overflow and make a mess but also rare. Happened yesterday but I had 52 oz of water and waited 7 hours from start of consumption for toilet. Was feet away and....ugh. Doc scoped and said I was good candidate. My problem per him was either the way it was cut, or stitched, or both. But said he thought it could get me dry or significant improvement. Plan on writing him a gushy that you card for the waiting room next month at a year. I was so despondent and my heart goes out to all of you. Today I am dry. No more pads of any kind. Leak a little after going but a free drops that's it. Only had the overflow yesterday because I forget my bladder is tied up with mesh. Mostly feel normal like before surgery. After 2 years and 2 months sitting in my urine the gratitude is tremendous. Results may vary and I can only hope you have similar results. If doc suggested aus I would have gone that route but I asked about sling first on case we have to go aus later. Used Boston scientific. Need the best surgeon because it's a one shot deal. Also why I was so careful not to eff it up during recovery. Praying for you my friend.

Dr Jay Simham at Fox chase outside Philadelphia specializing in both sling and AUS. He did my AUS surgery last year.
Boomer