Sitting to Standing

Archives1

Staff member
I’m 10 weeks out from surgery and it has gotten slightly better but still when I go from sitting to standing it’s like the flood gates open. Now I can walk 5-6 miles a day and not have a leak. It’s when I sit for a period of time and stand it just flows out. Can anyone recommend anything additional other than walking and kegsls that I can do to ease it a bit. Thanks

I had a similar experience, I found if I basically did a Kagel, hold it through the process of standing I had less leakage, and in time, I can stand with out leakage. It takes a concerted effort and concentration. Hope this helps.

6 weeks out from surgery here and same problem. Actually a lot of times when I stand I'm OK but then when I start walking (usually to the bathroom) Old Faithful erupts. I'll try the Kegel thing and see how it goes.

I think @Gkimp's suggestion makes a lot of sense, too! It takes practice (with me it would probably take much practice) but you should gradually see improvement, especially once you get used to doing it.

I’m 3 weeks out from surgery and experiencing the same when going from sitting to standing. I try to make a real effort to hold it until I can get to the bathroom. I think this is just a lesson in retraining the control muscles. Going to take time.

Sonorarider, correct, it's major surgery and they removed a couple valves. Takes some time fir you body to heal then the rehab starts. Patience is your friend.

20 weeks post surgery and gaining on it.For a long time I thought it would never get better but I am getting a lot better. Down to 2 pads a day.Most of the leakage is when straining while lifting and moving around while doing physical work.Just started using thin pads, we will see how that works out.6 month psa coming in Oct.Feeling a little nerves.10 week psa was undetectable.