Getting depressed

Hi @thudson1965, showing you emotions is really the best thing to do! Please do not apologize for them as you and we are all human and something like what you went through does test you to the nth degree. So feeling anger, crying and everything else associated with it is completely cool and frankly, expected. I'd worry if you didn't show emotions while taking that journey to recovery. And I'm going to say what I tell everyone recovering from any surgery or serious illness. Take walks regularly. Get into the habit and if you miss a day then you'll be so used to it you can't wait to get back out there. Do more today than you did yesterday and think that way tomorrow, too!

@Brendan it is great that you walk that much every day. keep at it. exercise helps in so many ways both mentally and physically. i have not had the surgery that you had but i know 2 guys who ave had it. both were in their 50's and had the same problem that you are having with sit-to-stand, as well as squatting. they both regained control within 9 months or so. i wish you the best and you'll find a lot of good advice here from all the members! take care!

@billliveshere thank you for the encouragement. Finding this group has really help.

Also thank you to @snow for the direction on searching the group. I was using the search bar for the website instead of the magnifying glass search. I was getting frustrated. That helped.