Should I take the day off on the day of my Urodynamics test?

Archives1

Staff member
I know what’s going to happen. It’s going to be a front and back end event. I’m just wondering if it is going to take a mental and perhaps a physical toll on my body for the day. Should I have someone drive me. I’m sure they could answer these questions at the hospital but working in a field doesn’t mean that they’ve actually experienced the procedure. I know I’m in for tons of fun, just looking for some insight. Thanks

I would take a day off and have someone go with you who you trust. When I had my urodynamics test done the first time they couldn't get the catheter in me and it was extremely traumatic. Not saying this will happen to you but these types of tests in my experience can be emotional. My second one went much better. That's when they discovered I had a paralyzed bladder.

I went by myself and drove myself home afterwards. It wasn't really all that bad I thought. A little uncomfortable but not as bad as I thought going in. Each person is different though.

I should have taken the day off afterwards. Also,not to worry anyone, but I definitely needed and am glad I was wearing diapers after the procedure.

Remember it is a MEDICAL condition and your privacy on this is protected by HIPPA.
It is hard sometimes to separate the emotional side of incontinence from the simple fact you are coping with a MEDICAL condition that is not something you did willfully.

My appointment was in the afternoon so I only took the afternoon off. I'm pleased I didn't go back to work, it was good to go home. Mine went ok, I just felt the need for a shower afterwards.

It wasn't as bad as I expected. I drove myself both ways. I would recommend taking the day off as an insurance polity.