Right under your nose.

Archives1

Staff member
So I have a good friend who I have been pretty open with about my recent health issues. She has remarked numerous times that she doesn’t know anyone who is incontinent. Well, today she was talking to her mom who is a nurse about what was going on and found out her Aunt has been incontinent her whole life, seen many Doctors, tried various surgeries with no solution. She was amazed. Just goes to say.

d649da481e7865e332a5d4a3afcb3706.jpg
b5923d20d536e3a32f6cf677a694ee00.jpg

PureWick is for female incontinence.

Thank you, Roxey this is an interesting idea indeed.i am going to see what i can learn by calling.
As i toss from side to side at night i can imagine this might be a bit awkward but ive learned to cope with half waking during my night flips so maybe i can adjust to this too.
THANK YOU

Hi MayMay,
I hope I have it correct but I read a short time ago that a gentleman designed it while trying to figure out a better solution for his wife than having a catheter or having to wear absorbent products. Now that is real love indeed. (I provide tech support for BD who recently acquired Bard. I was so happy to see a product designed for women that works get to the market. So many companies have tried to figure out a solution that is an alternative to the norm and due to anatomy issues to fit all shapes and sizes there just hasn't been much large scale success over the years. I am so Blessed to be able to support the hard working folks at BD.

Thznks Jim!
Now from a marketing stand point, the advertisement as pictured is of such poor design i seriously thought it was an old timey ad from the 1950s of an obselete device, if theyy are trying tonmarketbthis item.
I thought it ws a spoif or an ad from an obselete machine.
And i have , ahem, personal interest in their success

Hi MayMay,
Not sure who was doing the marketing there. I just fix computers so well out of everything we do. I saw the initial information about the product some time ago and was glad to see another solution hit the market. There are lots of clever people out there and I’m sure allot have developed their own solution to dealing with a medical condition of on sort or another. Hope more new creations get to market as the years progress.🙂

MayMay, your comment on the graphic is dead accurate. Glad we found out it is for real. I also had the same reaction to the concept - that night-time sleep movements might be a problem. Or just getting up to do whatever (Feed the woodstove?). Then i remembered that i have, ahem, a device that has a similar problem - a CPAP. For those that don't know, it's a machine supplying pressurized air to keep the airway open during sleep, "solves" the problem of Sleep-Apnea. Which has a considerable bigger connect-tube, plus a mask that has to stay in place. Fortunately, there are quite a variety of "masks" for different fit, sleep habits, preferences, etc. Mine works, the vast majority of the time. Since i know someone who could possibly use this, I'll pass it on.
She'd love to see updates from anyone who has tried it, or knows someone who has.
I have some doubts about what seems a too-short tube. Will have to call , see it there is a longer one as an option.

Thanks Atlas,
It is a real device. I kind of looked at it funny the first time I saw it too a few months ago. Then I read more into the article. So here is my take on it...all hospitals already have a suction device in Place as do most medical facility’s, etc. I think the guy who created this was thinking (just what my thoughts would have been) why can’t this be rigged into a device to collect urine so she doesn’t need a catheter or won’t be sitting in a wet diaper till the end of the caretakers shift?
Smart cookie when you think about it. No cost for diapers, maybe still a bed pad but they are cheap enough. And urine and moisture is basically out of the picture.
While I haven’t seen an ambulatory version pop up yet I think it’s a forest idea to the anatomy issues that have frustrated designers for many years...and there have been many attempts to find a real life solution for for the Ladies in need.

I was very surprised they came up with a device for home use. That’s a great idea and now allows for easier care for folks at home. Changing a diaper for someone else can be a little tricky when they are an adult.
Kudos to the folks that came up with this and brought it market. Hope it works well and would be interested in hearing feedback.
Just my humble opinion of course.

I havent callwd to price it but its the best thing sliced bread in my time of reading posts for womens needs! And a loving history.