Rash

Archives1

Staff member
Question for the group.
Have a rash on the inside of my thighs for about 4 months.
Tried desitin, butt paste, aquaphor, cream for yeast infection (new RX bit was given last year for diaper rash) and now steroid hydrocortisone cream.
Nothing is helping.
Itches like crazy and burns. When I change I have blood on the leg band of my diaper.
Any suggestions?

John, My PC got me some clotrimazole and Betamethasone Diprompionate Cream years ago, for a rash like that. Determined it was fungal as it happened a lot in hot weather, hard to keep the aforementioned area dry, (way before surgery was even a nightmare) I still have to use it occassonally, but I found that zinc oxide worked for rash I got when I had to use pads. Let us know if it helps!

@MarineJohn

I keep Hibiclens around 24/7. It is good for staph infections and everything. I get infections sometimes that will not go away so I jump in the shower and use Hibiclens on another area where there is redness. It works.

Hey John,

I'm not experiencing what you have and I'm no doctor so I'm stumped as to what that could be.

But with incontinence; when there is any moisture sitting on the skin for a long period of time, there is always a risk for breaking down of the skin.

6080421ac38070f679bfb871d36a092d.jpg

This is what I use to prevent breakdown of the skin or to heal any skin that feels flamed.

Take care,
HC

I’ve gotten those stubborn long-term rashes before and threw some online searching I came across a video that suggested something, I tried it and lo and behold it wash started wiping out the rash immediately.
Miconazole nitrate vaginal cream 2%
(I think same as monistat 7)

Yes I’m a guy but the dermatologist who have done the video apparently suggested some of the stubborn infections/rashes could be related to a yeast infection,

I concurr with @richr: I've had recurring fungal infections since my prostatectomy and miconazole 2% cream was the answer for me.
@MarineJohn - this may differ in your location but in my country this medication requires prescription from a PCP. I suggest a visit to your doctor.

ritanofsinger said:
MarineJohn this doesn't sound like a diaper rash. Have you seen a doctor?

I saw my dr and now dermatologist for it. Dermatologist gave me steroid cream and it is still not helping.

Well John, it looks like you have a whole list of things to try besides the steroid cream. I went thru 5 different medicines for my high blood pressure before my PC got me one that worked and didn't make me sick to my stomach so bad I couldn't go to work after eating anything. It was the most expensive one out there, but hey, it worked ,blood pressure is where it should be, and then I got cancer in my prostate whoo hoo. i think these MDs have their favorite tools, and don't like variations they are not familiar with. My Urology team is snooty about prostigenix, but damn, I was taking it before surgery and then afterward, started sleeping thru the night IMMEDIATELY after the operation, and woke up dry. I am just over a year post, and take 3 prostegenix tabs a day, and don't even use a pad anymore. My point is that not everybody knows everything about everything. When you are going thru Hell, keep going, and keep trying. I made it thru Army basic with a screwed up leg from a screwed up operation on a break a few years before I was drafted. Fixed it later after I got out by a guy who figured out why I was in so much pain when having to run. If your pc wont give you some betamethazone, ask him or her why not?

It definitely sounds like a yeast infection.
You can apply the creams that are sols over the counter but the most sure thing is to try oral yeast medications, which you have to get from a doc. It’s the itchy part of it that makes me think it’s probably yeast. It could also be an STD of some sort, depending on which partners you’ve had lately. The oral pills require three days of use, have basically no side effects, and get you feeling better within a matter of hours of taking the pills. So I will talk to one of your doctors about getting that.

Also, have you ever had MRSA? It can do strange things to your skin. I have it and one dose of antibiotics every day for the rest of my life, it stays kept at bay so that it doesn’t affect my skin and that I can’t transmit it to other people.

@MarineJohn
I tried Calmoseptine and Miconazoli 2 percent. They really didn't help.I too suffer with the red,burning and itching on my inner thighs and crotch.. My biggest problem is spending
the night with wet or damp Depends. They do side leak.. Due for a change of brands. My husband is a below the knee amputee and has to use Hibiclens daily to clean the liner for his prosthetic. ThatFlGuy mentioned that he uses that at the first sign of a rash.I am going to try it. But I will probably have to see a doctor at this point. Keep us posted.

@Pammy53 Hibiclens can help, but it's not to be used on the private parts or the head. Please be sure to read the directions first.

Hello all. I get what is known as "reoccurring shingles" on my right outter thigh, my back side just about where my buttocks starts. Way back when it first started I thought I had been bitten by a spider. Next time it came I thought, "now that's weird; bit twice in the same spot." The third time was when the light bulb went off and I took myself to the doctor. He took one look at it and said,"that's singles" I have since learned that although it is highly unusual shingles can be a reoccurring problem. The last time I was broken out with it was about the same time my bladder when crazy. I think I mentioned before that it gives me a two second warning. I use the term warning but it feels more like a kick. No matter how hard I try to hold it back it's no use. I just end up in pain for quite a while. It almost feels like my bladder isn't part of my body anymore. It really seems to have a mind of it's own. I've always suffered from urinary incontinence to a smaller degree but now it's just crazy. I never make it to bathroom in the mornings. I don't know what to do - pull my pull up down and sit?- because everything in the back side gets wet. I know this sounds terrible but lately I've just been standing there waiting for the water works to finish. It is really bothering me to do it this way. I alm po st feel ashamed. Has anyone ever had to deal with this? Any ideas or thoughts would be so greatly appreciated. This is just AWFUL. Thanks for listening.

@MarineJohn That's the spot that causes huge issues for me as well. I'm guessing because I have eczema I'm prone to it. Using talcum powder and sudocrem helps massively. One of the crucial things is airing out as well. I'd recommend trying a different diaper brand - I've found I'm more likely to get rashes from certain brands and stopped using BetterDry/Crinklz as a result. Fit probably comes into play. Also, change regularly, even if you're not soaked. That's often how I end up with rashes - because I don't massively need a change I can get careless and my skin suffers.

@treutleinelizabet Reoccurring shingles sounds unbelievably uncomfortable. Have you had the shingles vaccine?