Radiation Update

Archives1

Staff member
I had my 2nd post radiation PSA test result today. It was 0.60 so urologist and my wife and I were happy. Bladder issues have largely subsided. Urgency leaks are down to weekly rather than daily.

Urologist said can last up to a year and nearly all radiation patients have some issues. Keep drinking plenty of fluids and eat healthy.

He also say in a couple years he will do a bone scan and CT to make sure no cancer. He just had my brother do both. He had prostate cancer and radiation several years before but was much younger.

I shared PSA with radiation nurse. She appreciated and said most patients have bladder issues and I was within normal range.

Finally I was interviewed by an international consulting firm’s Life Science Division relating to prostate cancer patients and the support they received during rhe process and after from staff and family. They have a Pharm client that is looking long range relating to metastatic cancer down the road. I spent about an hour with them.

The oncologist last week reminded me that my decipher genetic study on the original pathology specimens indicated a 92 to 96% likelihood of no cancer return in next 10 years.