Question Regarding Sensations

Archives1

Staff member
This may seem like a dumb question, but do you all feel a sensation that you are urinating when you leak? I don’t and I am not even sure whether some of this fluid is vaginal discharge or urine. I can feel something leaving that area but it does not feel like I’m peeing. I’m 57 so I’m no longer having periods but a lot of times this seems like a watery discharge and I wish I could tell the difference.

Thank you for responding. Did the doctors tell you what kind of incontinence you have? Or do you know?

I’m a woman. I can usually feel a leaking/peeing sensation. I only leak when I really need to pee but don’t get to tte toilet fast enough. I don’t get mysteriously wet.

Hi Missy,
Sorry you are depressed. It is pretty frustrating when our parts stop working right. Always know you have caring people here you can talk to.

Don’t give up, find something that works well for you to keep you dry and check with a couple different urologist or urogynocologists and you may just find a solution that helps allot or fixes the issue.
Sometimes it just takes a while to find the right solutions.

Hugs,
Jim

jrpoorman said:
Hi Missy,
Sorry you are depressed. It is pretty frustrating when our parts stop working right. Always know you have caring people here you can talk to.

Don’t give up, find something that works well for you to keep you dry and check with a couple different urologist or urogynocologists and you may just find a solution that helps allot or fixes the issue.
Sometimes it just takes a while to find the right solutions.

Hugs,
Jim

Thank you. This is not the only chronic condition that I’m dealing with and it’s just so overwhelming. I’m going to call my urogynecologist tomorrow because he had mentioned an antidepressant that may help with some symptoms and anxiety associated with this.

They help big time it may take a few different ones to try to get the right one. It took a few different ones till I found one that works well for me. I can’t tell you how many years of my life I had to always know where the bathrooms were when ever we would go somewhere. Apparently I’m not the only one who had to do that because it has an official name called bathroom mapping. Who knew.
The meds help with anxiety and depression just communicate with your doctor frequently how you feel, if you get restless leg syndrome and can’t sit still. If you feel groggy or off...they can adjust the meds or dosage to get you back on track.
Night all time for bed, sleep well.
Jim

Sometimes i feel I am urinating and other times I just feel the warmth spreading through my nappy.Sometimes when I change I am amazed at just how much I have wet without realising it.

I very rarely "feel" myself leaking. A sudden and/or stressful movement might generate a short "squirt", which I do feel, but mostly I know I've leaked by looking into my pad when I do have to go to the bathroom. Question - how many pads or pullups are you using per day? My leaking is very mild; I usually use one, maybe two, pads per day.

I’m only using Pantiliners and it’s only 3-maybe 4 per day. I can’t stand the feeling of dampness. And honestly I don’t know if the dampness is all urine. I would like to know so I can address each issue separately. The amount is not significant. I’m concerned it’s going to get worse if I don’t figure out what’s going on. And I hate having to always make sure I have Pantiliners with me. I know that may seem silly.

The most notable and disturbing sensation I get is when I get occasional feeling down below. I dont feel when going, but I feel when my nerves wake up. It's a warm flowing feeling not unlike urination. It took me a long time to get used to it and not think I am actually feeling a urination. Your feeling could be nerves or even blood flow to that area. (Not meaning menstrual)

Jrpoorman, I appreciate how you are always very fast at responding to people. Even when and especially when it is just to give them some encouragement and friendship. Very cool bro.

Yes, jrpoorman is invaluable and a warm, loving presence here on these boards. I second your thanks to him!

Awww, thank you guys. I do care. Really crummy when you feel like you are the only person who has bladder or bowel problems. That is so far from the truth and there so many great folks here to support and help each other.
🙂
In the middle of work so have to run.
Have a nice day guys. Thank you again.

Jim

I had a stroke. Peeing all time. I used to it, I cant do anything to do rid of it. I wear diapers all the time. I kind of like not having to go to toilet all the time
I was depressed for a while, not now. I have get some help for your depression