Products that are gone now but you wish still around.

Archives1

Staff member
So years ago there was a product made by I believe Abena that was a cross between a pul-up and a brief, cloth-backed, and you would wrap these extra-long belly raps and then the front has a hook-loop to attach. They were 3 in absorbency were so easy to change. They were my go-to years ago.

I am sure some people here have a product that they wish was still around?

This product is not gone because it hasn't been invented yet and probably never will. A plastic backed pull up adult diaper! Why can't a diaper company come out with one of those?

ThatFLGuy said:
So years ago there was a product made by I believe Abena that was a cross between a pul-up and a brief, cloth-backed, and you would wrap these extra-long belly raps and then the front has a hook-loop to attach. They were 3 in absorbency were so easy to change. They were my go-to years ago.

I think those are still around I know I had some recently and I was pretty disappointed because I thought they were the same as the ones made by Tena which were plastic fact and much more absorbent but the same design, the belts that wrapped around you were cloth like but the main body of the brief was plastic covered, I recently went looking for them because I just had shoulder surgery and I knew getting changed was going to be extremely difficult. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to find them in the United States. It’s been challenging getting a regular brief on but I’ve found the strength of the north shore tapes to be a big help Aside from that I have to say I’m pretty happy with the products today compared to what they used to be

I am sure some people here have a product that they wish was still around?

this is due to the fact the trend is to go with the cloth-like covers and more "breathable" options and I have never had any success with cloth-like covered diapers and when you're talking breathable your also talking less odor containment it will breathe the odors out the trend is to be more discrete and look and feel like underwear well that's fine if you have lighter leakage issues but they do need to have heavier options for those with heavier leakage as well

mhart82 said:
This product is not gone because it hasn't been invented yet and probably never will. A plastic backed pull up adult diaper! Why can't a diaper company come out with one of those?

I wish Abena had the same diapers that they had 20 years ago. They really went down hill. The same with molicare.

I remember one time my Mother used a diaper called Kimbies on me for my bedwetting I think they were the only diaper shaped like that I think they were replaced by Huggies they didn't have any elastic

f35d446201bd3579699b2035916ebefc.jpg

years ago all the disposable diapers sold came in cardboard/paper boxes you keep hearing about reducing plastic usage but nowadays all diapers sold infant/toddler/youth and even adult diapers sold come in plastic bags if they started packaging all the diapers in cardboard/paper boxes again that would be a major reduction in plastic usage and the boxes would be more recyclable

2fc9ef21974caafd7d20bd5c21cdd707.jpg

DPCARE said:
years ago all the disposable diapers sold came in cardboard/paper boxes you keep hearing about reducing plastic usage but nowadays all diapers sold infant/toddler/youth and even adult diapers sold come in plastic bags if they started packaging all the diapers in cardboard/paper boxes again that would be a major reduction in plastic usage and the boxes would be more recyclable

If we made an effort to switch from plastic bottles back to the good old glass, stopped making car bumpers, and instituted mandated recycling at the landfill/ disposal site we could save tons on both gas well as plastic waste... I am not a go-green person but I dang sure to see that too much plastic goes to waste. 55% of all petroleum goes to plastics... So if we just did simple things as a country we could save a lot.

I am not a go green tree hugger myself but this is an obvious way to reduce plastic I mean granted the diapers still are plastic by they don't necessarily have to wrapped in plastic like they are

ThatFLGuy said:
DPCARE said:

If we made an effort to switch from plastic bottles back to the good old glass, stopped making car bumpers, and instituted mandated recycling at the landfill/ disposal site we could save tons on both gas well as plastic waste... I am not a go-green person but I dang sure to see that too much plastic goes to waste. 55% of all petroleum goes to plastics... So if we just did simple things as a country we could save a lot.

@ThatFLGuy Glass is actually barely recyclable because there is almost zero utility for recycled glass. Most recycling pants don't even want it. They have to be subsidized to take it or they just throw it away.

This post brings back flashbacks. those were diapers i was using, when i was bedwetting as a child. I would always have a big box in my room, until my night problems eventually resolved as a child.