Poison Ivy Disguised as Diaper Rash

Archives1

Staff member
I went hiking in a desert region mountain range near my house last week, and yesterday noticed my lower belly to groin were developing an itchy rash.

I rarely have any issues with using a poly backed brief 24/7, and living an active lifestyle. Or when I do develop a rash, it's usually below my groin or my inner thighs.

At first I thought it was from wearing in the heat without using enough powder or something, but found the location of the rash to be strange.

Today I realized it's poison ivy, but I have no clue how it only got on the inside of my arm near my right elbow, my lower belly, front belt line, crotch and 'tip' 🤕.

Only thing I can assume is that I touched poison ivy or my puppy brushed by some, and at some point I pulled up my brief or scratched myself spreading it beyond just my right arm.

If there's a hell, I think this is it.

Thankfully, or not, I've had poison oak/Ivy enough times to know how to reduce the spread and resolve some of the discomfort with Tecnu... But this is a first for sure and an SOAB to deal with at work.

I remember an article on a natural way to stop pain and itch of poison ivy i will see if i can find it for i messaged a friend whose autistic son had it bad and she couldn't stop him scratching.. maybe Google can provide some other ideas this has got to be terribly "uncomfortable "