Passing gas

Archives1

Staff member
I know a little odd but I lose more urine passing gas than sneezing or coughing. Never have I heard mentioned before.

I’m sure this is far more common than you can imagine. I think of “stress incontinence” as any physical stressor which differs from the body’s lax resting state. That can include exercising, standing up/sitting down, vomiting, passing gas, et al. It’s simply not socially acceptable to align the phenomenon with “exercise.” Haven’t all of us, as a society, learned by now, that avoiding talking about something openly only leads to exclusions and hurt feelings? I think we should all strive to be comfortable talking about, and accepting and supporting, anything/everything.

Yes they are human functions here so it's silly to just ignore it and choose not talk about it when you perfectly well you do! Case in point: this forum. If something is on our minds, we talk about it and the good thing is we find other people are experiencing the same exact feelings and thoughts we are through our common experiences. A refusal by society to talk about such things reflects on Victorian era thinking. In addition to exclusions and hurt feelings blatantly ignoring it and pretending it's not part of our existence is just stressful as well.

Hi @dalexwitte, I think what you may be having is stress incontinence. As we all know by now stress incontinence isn't caused by feeling stressed out but by placing stress on certain muscles downstairs which can cause incontinence. Snow suggested it and it makes sense. But you can have more than one type of incontinence and stress incon figures into the equation as well.