Painter's Tape

Archives1

Staff member
Maybe a dumb question but dont have really anyone to ask. Im having bad weather where i am with no power all week so I stayed at a friends house. I brought enough briefs for each night as i only have bedwetting issues.
My question is last night i ripped the tab on the diaper and just set it back in my bag to use another one. This leaves me with one night to go and a diaper with a tab missing. In the room I am staying in there is a roll of painter tape.. my thought is using that to try and create a makeshit tab but i also recall that tape not being super sticky.
I really dont want to start asking my friend if she has packing or duct tape...I'm sure that would work but no one in this house knows about my issue and I'd prefer to keep it that way. A random question to her like that just seems odd. Anyone used painter tape for this type of situation?

I havent used painters tape before but if there is enough tape you might try wraping the tape all the way around you kinda like a belt, maybe even twice. And or put your regular underwear over it to help hold it tight against you. Since you mentioned you was a bedwetter only you may have regular underwear. Boxer underwear probably wont help.

Painters tape may tear easily so make it about three or four layers thick where most of the strength needs to be and then I would wrap it completely around the diaper after you put it on a couple times. And if you have some underwear wear something tight fitting around the diaper

I have a feeling painters tape won't be strong enough basically painters tape is a lighter tack version of masking tape it's meant to peel off clean and tear easily I remember when I was in my teens I was in a children's hospital for some tests I made friends with two different boys both of which had spina bifida and were in for shunt surgery this was back in the '70s before Goodnites and other youth pants one of the was small enough that he was able to wear toddler Pampers the other boy was a little bigger and on him, they were using disposable blue bed pads held on with masking tape

I also remember Walgreens would sell disposable diaper tape by the roll it was the same tape used on disposable diapers in a dispenser like scotch tape

DPCARE said:
I have a feeling painters tape won't be strong enough basically painters tape is a lighter tack version of masking tape it's meant to peel off clean and tear easily I remember when I was in my teens I was in a children's hospital for some tests I made friends with two different boys both of which had spina bifida and were in for shunt surgery this was back in the '70s before Goodnites and other youth pants one of the was small enough that he was able to wear toddler Pampers the other boy was a little bigger and on him, they were using disposable blue bed pads held on with masking tape

I also remember Walgreens would sell disposable diaper tape by the roll it was the same tape used on disposable diapers in a dispenser like scotch tape

Wow.. I did not know they sold tape like that back then. Glad my parents didn't know about that when I was a kid back then. They might have used it to put diapers on me after I had gotten too big for the toddler ones at night. It was like 1977 or 78 the last time they made me wear one to bed.

Hi @JC1471, I agree that painter's tape is just masking tape and I wouldn't rally bet the farm on it holding all that much!!!! I like RUhappy's idea of using it to wrap around like a belt. At least that would be better than nothing!!! I do understand your hesitation to ask your friend for duct tape but seriously duct tape would be the best answer here. However you can "accidentally on purpose" find something to tear or break apart. I can't think of anything specific but if you can come up with something and then legitimately ask your friend to lend you some duct tape for a few minutes then perhaps you could get away with it!!! But this calls for a bit of creative thinking on your part!!! Hopefully a bright idea will come to you and you will have a good tape to replace that missing tape!!! I kind of surmise you're probably in Texas??? And let's hope that the weather breaks really soon and that things can get back to normal!!! Best of luck!!!!

Painter's tape is almost like the more-adhesive Post-It notes, the adhesive isn't much. However, find a way to stick sticky-side-to-sticky-side. That's a little better. Would a small slot cut near the "waistline" be a place to threat tape through?

Agree with the above about the weak hold of painters tape, if it's a clothbacked disposable a stapler can do a good job reattaching a tab in a pinch.
If it's plastic backed, I second taping it in place, then going around your waist 2x!

DPCARE said:
well did you try the painter's tape or what did you decide to try?

She was doing some organizing and had packing tape so I snagged a piece of it and that worked fine. As much as I hate plastic backed diapers, the nice thing is being able to improvise with the tapes when they break.

I am happy to hear you found a useable option

JC1471 said:
DPCARE said:
well did you try the painter's tape or what did you decide to try?

She was doing some organizing and had packing tape so I snagged a piece of it and that worked fine. As much as I hate plastic backed diapers, the nice thing is being able to improvise with the tapes when they break.

Well now @JC1471, that's just the kind of creative thinking I was talking about!!! When the opportunity presents itself, gotta strike while the iron is hot!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!😄 Packing tape works just fine!!!!