Pad disposal

Hi @233andpee, How about Febreze? I think it eliminates odors without replacing it with a lemony smell. Just spray it wherever it's needed, in a bag or wherever.
And @Doug, I'm not familiar with Meyers spray since there are no Meijer stores down here in Florida.

It's Mrs Meyers cleaning products. I got the one with yellow lable. May be available on Amazon. Google Mrs Meyers cleaning products

50 years ago, we used cloth diapers and diaper pail for the baby. Rinsing them out, first. Same for the grandbabies, except the daughter was using disposables, too.
Far as I know, there is no place doing diapers/pads as separate garbage. At least here, landfills have to be "lined", and they reused the resulting gases for power generation. Considering what else goes in the landfill, diapers must be minor. Some places 'treat" the run-off from the dump.
We're on septic, so nothing like pads can be flushed, and I'll bet that rule is violated in a big city.

Hi @ritanofsinger (I hope I got that name right. I have trouble reading words and letters that are bunched up together :() That was an unusual history you had for us. You are right, we do have a lot of the "niceties" available to us and they do make our issues much easier to deal with.
Quite frankly I don't know how we would be able to manage a few decades ago. I can tell you one thing, however. With the well-made disposables they have now it's a lot easier for us to be able to go out in the world and function as ordinary people do, although with just a little bit of extra planning. But we do have it made as compared to people in the 1950s and '60s who would have to function with incontinence. And the biggest benefit now is people are talking more about it and who knows, maybe someday it won't be the taboo subject that it still is.
Thank you for sharing.

@digouro Hi there and welcome the forum.

As to disposing of products I typically only wear protection (Depends RealFits) when traveling (bedwetter only). I usually take a plastic grocery bag with me and if I bedwet during the trip I put the used RealFit in the plastic bag and dispose of out in the large trashcan that us usually by the floor's vending and ice machine or put it in my backpack and dispose of it at a trash can off property. I know it is weird, but I do not like disposing of it in the room trashcan. Even if all wrapped up and not a sanitary issue for housekeeping to dispose of.

Hi JT, It's not weird at all to not want to dispose of your used "things" in the room or bathroom trash can. Guess what? I would also dispose of it in the hallway trashcan by the ice machine or just take it somewhere off property. And it, too, would be wrapped up. Great minds think alike? :)

I do a similar thing with disposal when I'm traveling. I wrap them up in a plastic shipping bag, but I usually put them in the big yeah cans most hotels have outside near the front door. If the bag isn't opaque enough, I can always truck it in my laptop bag until I'm ready to toss it in the trash.

I just don't feel like sharing medical details like incontinence with hotel maids.

YEAH!!!!! I'm not weird. Thanks @billliveshere and @ltapilot

Now my wife will say I am still weird, but about other stuff. :D

I bought large dog waste bags - they work for pads and pullups. The come on a 2 inch wide and 1 inch wide roll (15 per roll) - easy to carry in the pockets of my cargo pants along with two extra pads. The bags are 13 by 9 or 12 by 8 inches. I bought them from Walmart online. I initially started with a set of 180, but they went up from under $6 to $10 so I jumped to 1,080 for $20.

Dog waster bags? Now that's thinking outside of the box @thudson1965! A lot to be said for creative thinking? But do they work as well as you had hoped?

Not weird. I'm miffed when I see a used baby diaper in a Walmart parking lot when a trash can is within walking distance!

The dog poop bags work wonderfully for a pad or shield or pullup. I am able to tie a knot in the bag to seal off any smell. These would not work for diapers.

I tried a pack of 180 first and used about 60 of them before ordering more. My second week post Prostatectomy (first week after catheter removal), I was going through 20 pads a day. At end of the second week, I had changed to pullups, but still using 12 pullups a day. By end of week 3, I was down to 9 pullups per day and end of week 4, I was down to 5 pullups per day.

There was a point toward the end of the second week, I said to myself, your spending 4 cents for disposal. Week 2 and 3 became, one grocery bag twice a day to hold the spent pullups. At week 4, I went back to the dog poop bags.